SMB/CIFS access denied for any user, except one

• Hello everyone !

I am facing a weird issue.
    I try to create a new shared folder for a new user on my OMV.

Until now, I have created one user for my personal data.
    I have created a new user for an application, and a new shared folder associated. I put the exact same properties to this user, and set the exact same properties for the new shared folder, and associated with the new user.
    But I cannot access to the new shared folder, neither from the Linux GUI, nor when I mount it manually (mount -t cifs … --> mount error(13): Permission denied)

BUT, when I add my personal user to this new folder and I use it for connecting, it works.
    All my tests work perfectly with my personal user, but nothing works with any other user.
    Any folder can be mounted with my personal user, nothing can be mounted be with other users.

What I have missed ?

Many thanks.

• New update – I had an idea.
    I mounted an external USB drive on the OMV server, formatted it, added a directory and set the access to my new user.
    And it works.

Then, I guess my issues come from technical access rights at the level of the disk…

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!