Restoring Backup of OMV on Proxmox. Storage issues

• Hello, I'm looking for help in a backup restore of OpenMediaVault in proxmox.

So, today I have 4 VMs in proxmox, one of them (VMid 101) is OMV, where I use
    it as my storage for sharing content with my personal computer and other
    VMS. My hardware is compose by 3 HDs and 1 SSD where the proxmox installation
    is located.
    All of my data is located at the HD1(4TB), the HD2(2TB) has no important data
    yet, but it was already mounted in OMV, the 3rd HD3(1TB) is my VM backup HD and
    it is managed by proxmox, OMV has no knowledge of it.
    The HD1 and HD2 is configured in proxmox as LVM, each one with their VG, as:
    1 - storage-local-4TB
    2 - storage2TB

The allocation of these HDs for OMV was made as the following:
    1 - Selecting the VM101
    2 - Clicking Add > Hard Disk
    3 - Bus/Device SCSI > Selecting the size of the disk

And this way in proxmox a file was generated in each VG called "vm-101-disk-0"
    in raw format and container type, with the allocated size mentioned in the
    previous step.

Ok, now comes the problem. I was doing some tests with a full restore in my
    server where I made a new clean installation in a fourth HD that I have here.
    The goal was to test the integrity of the backups that was made in the HD3 with
    vzdump. After the installation of proxmox in a new HD I simply added the HD3
    which have the backups as directory type in proxmox. Done that I begun the full
    restore of the VMs on the new HD, OK until here everything was normal.

Ah, let me mention how the backups was being made. In proxmox backup options I
    didn't selected the backup option for the two HDs on the OMV VM, because as far
    as I know the backup tool (vzdump) would make the backup of the content of the
    others HDs and not only the primary one and it's configuration.

OK back to the restore. After the restore was done, all of the VMS was restored
    successfully, although, the OMV VM was restored but is not finding the other two
    HDs and mounting on it's path. In the restore the configuration of both HDs was
    found and it was added as devices not connected. So I clicked in edit, and in
    the storage section it auto-complete from the file "vm-101-disk-0" that is
    found in both HDs in proxmox, after this I clicked in OK and activated the two
    HDs on the VM. Apparently here everything was correct, but it wasn't. Connecting
    through the OMV terminal I can see that both HDs are connected, but not
    mounted.

I don't know what to do!! This problem is very bad, because all of my data is
    on the HD1 and I can't mount it on another computer to try to access the data.
    I believe I added both HDs the wrong way, because in proxmox they are LVM and
    in OMV they are normal partitions. When I try to mount them in another computer
    there's no success because what show as their LV path is
    /dev/storage-local-4TB/vm-101-disk-0.

Please I really need to recover this data!! Help!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!