Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'.

• Newb here. I'm following along with the Beginner OMV Raspberry Pi installation video, installing OMV 4 on a Pi 4. I'm 45 seconds from the end with no problems until the part where Shellinabox gets set-up under Services. As soon as I click on Shellinabox, I get "Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'." After I click OK, I can still enable Shellinabox, but I get the same error when I click Save, and it doesn't tell me to apply the changes, as it should. Any suggestions? Doesn't look like it's essential to NAS operation, but I'd like to know why it failed, just the same.

I got an error when initially installing this (and Docker), but since the UI showed they'd both been installed (when previously they hadn't been), I ignored it (and didn't write it down). Docker enables without any problem.

Thanks for any help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try holding Control and clicking the Refresh button while on the OMV webUI...

Regardless.. Shellinabox will not be ported to OMV 5 here in a few weeks when it releases, and I would not anticipate getting a ton of support trouble shooting this.

If you must have your SSH access in a web page (I personally would rather use a traditional SSH client)... I would recommend wetty once you get moving along and start exploring docker (if you haven't already)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMZUW2yxj4&t=

• Offizieller Beitrag

In your web browser, not the webUI. What I meant was make sure you're on the webUI URL.

On most browsers, holding Cntrl and clicking Refresh.. clears the cache for that URL and reloads it without affecting your other cache data.

It's a good thing to know as sometimes installing or removing plugins can cause some weird behaviors if the browser doesn't reload properly (which really OMV has no control over)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!