About NGINX, Docker and the how to and the future roadmap of OMV ?

• Hi;

I played a little with OMV 5 and saw Docker is by default.

I always prefer deploying application via unix socket instead of TCP socket, which improve performance and security but I'm also for having docker to keep up to date application.

My questions are:
    1. Would you use NGINX and Mysql directly on OMV than add Docker user inside nginx group like we do with PHP-FPM pool ?
    2. Do OMV team will keep nginx and mysql in the future or relay everything to Docker ?

I personally like the nginx and mysql on the host because I could easily use fail2ban to protect nginx and access mysql via a unix socket.

Share your thought, experience, hope, question...
    I'm all ears ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would you use NGINX and Mysql directly on OMV than add Docker user inside nginx group like we do with PHP-FPM pool ?

I don't really understand that question but I would definitely use nginx and mysql in dockers.

Do OMV team will keep nginx and mysql in the future or relay everything to Docker ?

OMV team? It is really just me working on omv-extras plugins. This post should help - https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=186122#post186122

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

because in the list nginx and mysql apps will be ported to docker

They won't be "ported" to docker. You just use portainer or cockpit to install one of the many images available from docker hub.

o replace openmediavault-shellinabox you could suggest github.com/linuxserver/docker-taisun

Cockpit has a terminal that works better than shellinabox and you can install it from omvextras now.

o OMV will become a real NAS

Never heard of taisun. I do use guacamole and it is wonderful.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!