disk suddenly invisible [SOLVED]

• hi,
    I have a OMV server with 7 disks and today I see that one of my disk couldn't be reached anymore.

I go to webui and see (in "system file") that capacity is now "n/a" and disk is unmounted.

I tried to remove the sharing and remove the drive to make a new sharing but impossible to create a new sharing because hdd is not visible in "shared folders" or in "smb" (though it is visible in "system file")

when i try to mount the drive, I get this message :

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/1Tred' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /dev/disk/by-label/1Tred: can't find mount source /dev/disk/by-label/1Tred in /etc/fstab."

the disk is half full and i don't want to lose the data on it. can someone help me please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. Turn off the NAS.

2 a. Call a friend who knows how to fix bad drives in linux, or hire a professional.

or

2 b. Either boot the NAS from other media into linux and diagnose/recover the drive.

or

2 c. Remove the drive and take it to some other computer for diagnostics/recovery.

3. Google "fsck linux" for information on how to diagnose and fix minor problems with fsck.

4 a. If it is bad you just reformat or swap drive, restore from backup and carry on.

or

4 b. You may want to google "data recovery linux".

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Thanks,

I have found fsck information and i was able to launch a "sudo fsck /dev/sdi1"

the answer is "fsck from util-linux 2.33.1
    e2fsck 1.45.3 (14-Jul-2019)
    1Tred: clean, 2362/244219904 files, 217787537/244190385 blocks"

so I guess it means that the disk is ok. right?

i still can't mount. here are more details about the error I encounter (I don't know what it means):

Erreur #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/1Tred' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: /dev/disk/by-label/1Tred: can't find mount source /dev/disk/by-label/1Tred in /etc/fstab. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(711): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(919): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount()#2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

fsck from util-linux 2.33.1
    e2fsck 1.45.3 (14-Jul-2019)
    Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
    Pass 2: Checking directory structure
    Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
    Pass 4: Checking reference counts
    Pass 5: Checking group summary information

2362 inodes used (0.00%, out of 244219904)
    208 non-contiguous files (8.8%)
    4 non-contiguous directories (0.2%)
    # of inodes with ind/dind/tind blocks: 0/0/0
    Extent depth histogram: 1011/1341
    217787537 blocks used (89.19%, out of 244190385)
    0 bad blocks
    32 large files

2228 regular files
    125 directories
    0 character device files
    0 block device files
    0 fifos
    0 links
    0 symbolic links (0 fast symbolic links)
    0 sockets
    ------------
    2353 files

• OK I couldn't find any solution so I search old threads from the forum and discovered that most people reinstall OMV in such a case.

That's what I did and disk is back.

not really a perfect solution but it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!