Can't install Docker nor Plex plugin: "you have held broken packages"

• Hi,
    I have messed up my OMV-extras repos somehow but I'm not sure how or when it has happened. I tried installing the plexmediaserver plugin and also the Docker plugin but they both fail with the same sort of error message:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-docker-gui : Depends: docker-ce (>= 5:19.03) but it is not installable                             Depends: docker-ce (< 5:19.04) but it is not installableE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.<<< *************************************

Code
    openmediavault-plexmediaserver : Depends: plexmediaserver but it is not installable or                                           plexmediaserver-installer but it is not installableE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.<<< *************************************

Should I completely remove omv-extras or is there something else I could do? Thanks!

• What are you installing this on? BTW the plugin is deprecated, Docker is the preferred method.

My OMV is version 4.1.23-1 and it's running on a Pentium G4560T.

Only after trying to install the Plex plugin via OMV-extras and fiddling around with it I read that the plugin is deprecated. At first when I tried to install the Plex plugin it gave a 404:

Code
    E: Failed to fetch https://downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb/pool/p/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver_1.14.1.5488-cc260c476_i386.deb  404  Not Found
    E: Aborting install.

And then I tried enabling the Plex repos by following the instructions here: https://support.plex.tv/articl…nux-server-distributions/ :

Code
    echo deb https://downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb public main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list
    curl https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-keys/PlexSign.key | sudo apt-key add -

But that didn't help either, in fact could those steps have been what messed it all up? Because I was already getting the "you have held broken packages"-message also when I tried to install Plex via the plugins page after the commands above. I read about Docker only after I had already ran those commands so I don't know whether installing Docker prior to that would have worked or not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

But that didn't help either, in fact could those steps have been what messed it all up?

Highly probable, if this is a new clean install I suggest you start again, it's less hassle than trying to resolved something that was installed that should not have been.

• Highly probable, if this is a new clean install I suggest you start again, it's less hassle than trying to resolved something that was installed that should not have been.

Unfortunately this is not a clean install... Getting everything to work was such a hassle that I'd rather try fixing this issue than reinstall.

It seems that I can still install plugins which aren't from OMV-extras so could re-installing OMV-extras possibly fix the issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm guessing you installed a newer version of docker-ce that is too new for the plugin. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|docker"

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Here's the output of dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|docker":

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately this is not a clean install.

Sometimes you have to ask, the same as what it's being installed on :)

Looking at the output from what @ryecoaaron docker-ce is not installed which is required before the docker-gui will install.

Under OMV-Extras enable the Docker-CE repo wait until the pop progress bar closes then run the above again it should show that Docker-CE has been installed. (At least that's how mine worked)

• Sometimes you have to ask, the same as what it's being installed on :)
    Looking at the output from what @ryecoaaron docker-ce is not installed which is required before the docker-gui will install.

Under OMV-Extras enable the Docker-CE repo wait until the pop progress bar closes then run the above again it should show that Docker-CE has been installed. (At least that's how mine worked)

Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately Docker still does not show up in the list. The Docker repo does show up as enabled in OMV-Extras and I tried disabling & re-enabling it but it still won't install ("held broken packages"). I also tried removing and re-installing OMV-Extras but to no avail :(

I just ran some updates in "Update Management" and they installed just fine, as did OMV-extras. But Docker I still am unable to install... Here is the complete output of the Docker installation attempt:

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: omv-aptclean

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• What is the output of: omv-aptclean

Here (had to remove some unimportant lines due to the 10000 character limit):

• Offizieller Beitrag

(had to remove some unimportant lines due to the 10000 character limit):

You can always paste the lines in a text file and attach the file.

I don't see anything wrong there. What is the output of: apt-cache policy docker-ce

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    'https://download.docker.com/linux/debian stretch InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'8. Saving

Is that normal? Seems like it's complaining there is no 32bit version of docker?

That would seem to be the issue I'd guess.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@jackster There is your problem. @KM0201 noticed what I didn't. You are using a 32 bit system. There is no plugin for 32 bit systems and no docker-ce package as well.

• Well that's just great :D

I don't understand how it is possible, back in the day I installed OMV from this ISO: openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64.iso

At least that's the only OMV ISO I can find on my system. I have a 64-bit CPU (Intel Pentium G4560T) so I definitely haven't intended to install the 32-bit version of OMV but apparently that is what I have...

uname -r
    4.19.0-0.bpo.5-686-pae

Since it is not possible to change the version from 64-bit to 32-bit after it has been installed must mean that I somehow have installed the wrong version at the get-go, even though I can't find the ISO anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Weird.. as I recall... votdev didn't even release 32bit images of OMV 4. If you wanted to install 32bit OMV 4, you had to do a netinstall of Debian Stretch, and then install OMV on top of that. Did you install OMV over Debian for some reason on this system? It's possible you accidentally downloaded the 32bit version of Debian, and that's how this all happened.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!