no Login... disk full

• hi guys.. i have a problem.. my disk is full so i cant Login any more..

df-h .... /dev/sde1 100%

It might be the folder:

/var/lib/docker/overlay2/

Can i delete These Files Insider ? I have all my docker containers on my root disc ...

What can i do.

Ty

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your docker folder is full... You need to move the docker folder off your OS drive (it's probably Plex or Emby causing this). You'll need to do the following as root.

1. First, create a folder on one of your data drives somewhere. (mkdir /path/to/folder)
    2. service docker stop -- Stops docker service
    3. mv /var/lib/docker /path/to/folder -- This moves your docker containers/images to the folder you created in step 1.
    4. ln -s /path/to/folder /var/lib/docker -- Creates a symbolic link between the folder you moved your dockers to, and /var/lib/docker (this will keep you from having to reinstall and reconfigure all the dockers you currently have)
    5. service docker start -- Starts docker.

Reboot, and you should have docker running as normal and be able to get to the webUI

• @KM0201

crap... this killed more i can post here: maybe there was more broken that just docker.

But not so important.. I just started a new installation..

btw.. i use a litte M.2 card. I have 18gb free. you wrote its better to swap the docker files on a HDD.. but not a folder under mergerfs?!

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Do NOT use mergerfs to store dockers or plex config.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those instructions are fine (if you didn't use them on mergerfs... I always forget that's an issue because I don't use it). I've used them multiple times with zero issues (you can google moving docker containers to another drive, and you'll see the same instructions mentioned more than a few times).

Putting the docker files on another drive (you said in the OP that is what was the docker folder filling up your OS drive). If you have a small OS drive, and you're running some of the containers that can have very large metadata folders (Plex and Emby are the biggest culprits).. then it's very easy to fill up a small OS drive.

Search this forum for "OS Drive Full" and you'll see this isn't an uncommon issue when people don't set up docker correctly (or at least don't set it up correctly to account for a small OS drive).

• Hi, I done exactly what you wrote but after reboot I don't have any container running. In OMV UI, in extras, I can see that any portainer container is running.

Any help? Thanks

• EDIT: the mv of the docker dir into the new dir, 'caused the writing into a sub-dir, so after the restart of the service (and the reboot) docker re-created its ambient... now I moved from the sub-dir to the up-level and restarted. Just some minutes for the reboot and I'll see if all is ok.

CONFIRMED

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi, I done exactly what you wrote but after reboot I don't have any container running. In OMV UI, in extras, I can see that any portainer container is running.

Any help? Thanks

It should still work (I'm gussing you did not create the link properly). Howver, that is extremely old and hasn't really needed to be done that way in some time. Depending on your version of OMV the smarter thing to do would just be to move your docker folder as it says, and then just point the docker plugin at the new location of the folder.

If you look in the guide forum, there's a more recent instruction on how to deal w/ a full OS drive.

• Be carfull when moving existing containers. The volume pathes are part of a containers config (see docker inspect <container>).

If you do not recreate the container it will still point to the old directory. It is better to destroy* all containers before moving the docker root.

* destroying means docker-compose down

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Be carfull when moving existing containers. The volume pathes are part of a containers config (see docker inspect <container>).

If you do not recreate the container it will still point to the old directory. It is better to destroy* all containers before moving the docker root.

* destroying means docker-compose down

At least my experience doing this with more recent versions of the docker plugin... Stopping docker, move /var/lib/docker off of root to /some-uuid/docker.. Then go to the docker-plugin and change the path to /some-uuid/docker, and restart docker...

It will be like nothing happened.

• If it works, it is good, but check here:

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-docker/docker-root being my docker root.

Have to try on a test machine if this is updated if I restart docker with a different docker-root.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!