Transmission shared folder problem...

• Hello everyone. Before I post here, I have spend some time searching and I have tried a few thinkgs but now I have hit a wall...

- I've successfully installed the latest OMV in my raspberry pi.
    - created a user with admin rights
    - creared shared folders on an NTFS formated hard drive.
    - Installed transmission plugin.

Now when I try to start the Transmission client, I have to go first to "files and locations" tab and setup a shared folder and that's where my problem is. No matter what I do... ( I have also tried what is advised on this guide but no luck)

[GUIDE] Configuring and using Transmission plugin for permissions

I get something like this error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf transmissionbt 2>&1' with exit code '2': /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/transmissionbt: 60: local: 2TB: bad variable name

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf transmissionbt 2>&1' with exit code '2': /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/transmissionbt: 60: local: 2TB: bad variable name in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/transmissionbt.inc(119): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(168): OMV\Engined\Module\TransmissionBt->applyConfig()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusfF...', '/tmp/bgoutputfQ...')#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#12 {main}
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help me with this problem?

Thank you very much for your time

• Thank you for your reply. The HDDs I have are inside a 5 HDD dock which are all formated in NTFS and have files in them. I've used OMV for the last 2 years now and I had no problems with it. This problem appeared now because I tried to make a clean start and use the latest version.

Before OMV I used a Buffalo NAS as a torrent station and I had big problems with its file system everytime I had a crash. So I decided that I've had enough with non windows filesystems. I want to be able to plug the USB anytime I want to a windows machine and make changes...

So I l know it is possible with OMV to use NTFS file system. I've had this setup for 2 years now! However, I've had a little trouble in the setup process as well back then, but I can't remember what I did in order to fix it...

My question Is... Is it still possible to use this setup as it is or OMV has changed in a way that I can't...?

• Hi again. I tried to use the "Dockers" method mentioned in this youtube video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

but as soon as I select to install Docker, the procedure starts and after a while I end up with 100s of lines like this:

---------------------

<<< *************************************

>>> *************** Error ***************

<<< *************************************
    ----------------------------

and I can't even copy/paste or even see the actual error because as soon as I scroll up, the page keeps refreshing every second and it takes me automatically to the bottom!

• I give up setting RPi3 with 1GB NTFS drive and Transmission. If you can, I suggest to reformat drive with ext4

= Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M3 • 2 x HDD 3.5" 4TB Western Digital Red • Windows Server 2019 • Hyper-V • OMV 5.x =

• OMG!!!! I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT SUICIDE! I've spend 5 days searching and trying things... Teamviewred my home PC from work... I flashed the sd more than 15 times (I'm serious here!), tested so many different things, missed the gym twice... and you know what the problem was in the end?! THE DISK LABEL! The disc label was something like "1. WDRED - 2TB". As soon as I deleted that and left it without a label, the thing worked! Right now I can't decide if I'm happy or depressed!

• Hello! Thanks for your reply! It is the latest version at this time... 4.1.7 (Arrakis) and I'm using it on a Raspberry Pi 3 model B+. Now everything works ok, appart from one little problem...

If I perform reset, Transmission apeaps to start before the system completely mounts the shares and it gives an error (file location not found). I've Googled around a bit and found that I should add a sleep 60 line to /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon which I did but it still starts too early (command doesn't work)...

Is there a way to achieve a delay in starting the script?

• Offizieller Beitrag

seems problematic the label, the webui doesn't allow spaces in disk formatting. Anyway this won't get fixed, people using this should migrate to docker in omv5

The delay problem, shouldn't be like that, but since is a rpi3 don't expect much from them. You should maybe override the systemd transmission unit and add a Wants=local-fs.target in the [Unit] section

• Thank you very much for your help! :) I'm really sorry but I'm not very good with Linux systems... If it is not too much trouble, could you please give some more details in how to do that?

Also I understand that a RPi3 is not the best solution... However it makes for a good, cheap, low cost, low maintenance, low power, low noise and reusable (hardware-wise) torrent station :) I mainly need to solve this small problem at the moment and I'll be happy with my life :D

Edit: ok, after looking around, I went and used nano for the file /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/transmission-daemon.service. and did as you said... I have added a Wants=local-fs.target in the [Unit] section. The problem remains... :( I can see the HDDs getting mounted and at the same I'm able to log into transmission. :(

Edit 2 (12:46 am) :P : Ok, I understand how unelegant and probably silly this way is, but again after looking around, I did this change at the [Service] section of transmission-daemon.service...

Type=notify
    ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 40
    ExecStart=/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --log-error

at least now it works and loads everything after a reboot! I wouldn't be able to do that without your help! Thank you very much! However if there is still another nicer way of doing this, please let me know... But at least for now everything works in harmony... :)

• Maybe should've been Requires= instead of wants, also with add After=local-fs.target. If that solution works for you should be ok.

I tried Requires=local-fs.target but it doen't appear to work... :(

What do you mean "...with add After=local-fs.target."? I mean where and how I should put that?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!