Future Test Build OMV5

• Hi

I have tested the HP N54L box with Mellanox 10gb..for quite a while using OMV3 it works but it is getting old.

I have tested OMV4 unfortunately the software for the card is broken

Recently I had the chance to test debian-live-10.0.0-amd64-cinnamon
    I has challenges with ati firmware and ati driver (contrib non-free firmware and driver atigpu) but it works.
    Back to testing I loaded the package for docker and it installs properly
    Pulled down a docker image from the hub and started it up. I was able to get the db working. But there are more challenges like container startup sequence and mapping drives.

And this brings up the most recent test openmediavault_5.0.5-amd64. During the installs the questions seem similar to buster. When my card gets connected the third
    octect it shows 176 but it should be 1. So I manually reconfigure and there is a long 45 second delay for it to configure. but it works.

What would be great in a docker gui package for omv5. Being able to see a raid array in the container A tab to mount share to the container. Having a custom startup sequence. A tab to run a custom startup sequence for the container. Being able to setup environmental variables. A tab to setup custom environmental variables.

It just test,,,,,

I works but I have to load the amd firmware and ati driver. Moving forward I tested openmediavault_5.0.5-amd64. I had to reconfiure the card because the third octect was different

• Offizieller Beitrag

What would be great in a docker gui package for omv5

omv-extras has a button to install docker, docker-compose, portainer, and cockpit. portainer allows you to use docker-compose files as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for responding for my post, it's a mess but in regards to OM5 where can I find omv-extras? I tried portainer on buster I'll try again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

in regards to OM5 where can I find omv-extras?

https://forum.openmediavault.o…49-OMV-Extras-org-Plugin/

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Awesome, many thanks... I'll update when I test more......

My goal is one unified OMV5 Raid with Docker Container for DB that writes the data to my OMV5 raid array

• I downloaded the link but I get rpc error with the plugin

I found this post in the forum

https://forum.openmediavault.o…0-1-Invalid-RPC-Response/

you suggested to run

Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault-jdownloader openmediavault-sensors
    wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash
    omv-update

i did this and then checked with this

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm
    Code
    root@omv5:~# ii  openmediavault                  5.0.5-1                     all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution-bash: ii: command not foundroot@omv5:~# ii  openmediavault-keyring          1.0                         all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive-bash: ii: command not foundroot@omv5:~# ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     5.0.4                       all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Then I rebooted and openmedia extras appeared

Docker

Path to Docker images and containers storage. Leave blank to use custom /etc/docker/daemon.json.
    If enabled, Portainer will be installed.
    If enabled, cockpit, cockpit-docker, cockpit-machines, and cockpit-packagekit will be installed.

• This will install the docker-ce package.
    • This will download and place docker-compose in /usr/local/bin/.
    • If Portainer is enabled, this will run portainer on port 9000 for the web interface and 8000 for the agent.

• If Cockpit is enabled, the cockpit web interface will run on port 9090.

What is best practice for test? Install docker, Portainer, and Cockpit?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is best practice for test? Install docker, Portainer, and Cockpit?

Try them all.

• I was able to install docker, Portainer, and Cockpit Then download the docker image via ssh. When I accessed Portainer it showed the image as unused. Via ssh I ran the startup scrip to configure the image. Now Portainer, shows the local dashboard with all the options. I was able the configure the database and upgrade the schema. Seems fine. Now the last hurdle.

How to mount a volume that is outside of the container in OMV5.

in the script the path it shows

-v /docker/appdata/xxx/media:/var/lib/xxx \

i would like it be something like

/sharedfolders/media/XXX instead

Any ides?

so far so good....

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!