Failed to connect to socket: Permission denied

• Hallo Leute,

ich kann mich nicht mehr auf der WebGui einloggen mit "admin". Ich habe mit "omv-firstaid" sowohl das Passwort geändert als auch den Counter für fehlerhafte login versuche gelöscht. Ebenso habe ich den Server schon neu gestartet.

Jedoch kann ich mich nicht einloggen.

Und ich finde den Fehler nicht. Kann mir hier jemand weiter helfen?

Hier die Fehlermeldung welche mir ausgeben wird:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ich habe mich als "Admin" angemeldet.

trotzdem kommt dieser Fehler!

You changed the image!! the original clearly showed Login -> root in the GUI, I may have to use a translator but images don't change themselves that is why I said admin for GUI root for SSH

nachtrag!!!

?(

• Hello to everyone,

I‘d like to resume this topic because I have a similar error message as stated at the beginning of this topic:

Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: Permission denied in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

To keep my story short, out of stupidity I updated the php version of my omv 4 system to 7.3 and as a well deserved result I couldn’t connect to the webinterface.

As far as I can comprehend I managed to purge the system form the php 7.3 version and reinstalled the original version.

By doing that I could reconnect to the webinterface and omv-engined -d -f showed no further php related errors. But all this leaves me with the permission denied error message stated at the beginning.

Unfortunately I don’t have enough experience with Linux to manage the next step(s?) to regain access via webinterface by myself.

So can anyone help me with this?

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 4.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try this

Code
    # monit stop omv-engined
    # rm -f /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock
    # monit start omv-engined

Please keep in mind that OMV4 is EOL.

• Thank you for answering so quickly and for your note.

Hopefully it wasn’t a hint to face the inevitable, too. :/

I removed the engined.sock following your steps but it didn’t work, same error message.

Further information: Engined.sock was recreated by the system as expected.

• I have some more information found in openmediavault-webgui_error.log:

Looking at the permissions for the openmediavault config it says -rw-rw----, for php7.2-fpm.sock srw-rw----

• Hello again,

meanwhile I had some time to collect more information. I found two files that use the error log stated in my last post. The files are located in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled und /sites-availability. So i presume that one of this files can’t be completed entirely and that generates the error?

Does anybody know the dependencies between webgui, nginx and fastcgi, including the necessary permissions?

The permissions that I stated in the last post seemed to be correct ...

Any help would be appreciated :)

• Hello again,

meanwhile I had some time and set up a new system. Because in the end this took less time, even with reinstalling docker and Nextcloud, than to tinker the old system without guidance.

So to conclude this topic for visitors with the same problem:

1. Do Backups in advance (my bad)

2. Reinstall the system because obviously even here no one has a clue what the last steps are :) (saves you time)

2a. Otherwise you can use the opportunity to learn something about your system. And maybe you can solve this topic. (let me know, if you do)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!