Only one network card is used

• Hello everyone, maybe someone here knows a solution to the problem.
    I assembled a small NAS and installed OpenMediaVault.
    The computer itself has a 1GBit/s OnBoard LAN connection.
    Additionally I installed a 10GBit/s network card (Edimax EN-9320TX-E).

The network card works correctly after installing the driver because it does not have "good" Linux support.
    (Tutorial which works https://noobient.com/2018/08/1…-ethernet-card-on-ubuntu/)

Now for the problem:
    I have connected both LAN connections to the switch.
    I have now noticed that all network traffic goes through the 1GBit/s OnBoard LAN adapter and the 10GBit/s card is not used.
    If I physically disconnect the OnBoard LAN card (pull the plug), I can no longer connect to the NAS.
    Link on the 10GBit/s card is still there.

I gave both adapters a static IP address.
    10Gbit/s XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.205 /24
    1Gbit/s XXX.XXX.XXX.206 /24

When I physically disconnect the 1GBit/s adapter, comment out the adapter at /etc/network/interfaces and reboot the computer, everything goes through the 10Gbit/s card.

The strange thing is that I can't adapt the network adapters via the web interface.
    I can't assign a fixed IP address from there or activate Wake on LAN.
    I have to enter everything via SSH, because OMV runs into a timeout.

I'm not the biggest Linux beginner now, but the whole thing is a bit weird. ?(

• Did you try to configure the lan port with omv-firstaid?

You should edit linux configuration files with care because some changes are not reflected to the OMV backend database.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• I gave both adapters a static IP address.
    10Gbit/s XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX.205 /24
    1Gbit/s XXX.XXX.XXX.206 /24

Obfuscating private IP addresses is pointless and makes helping difficult.

All I can do is assume that both interfaces in the machine are in the same network and this can not work.

Even if you assign each interface to a different network, you can not plug them both into the same switch. What you plug them both into must have routing capability.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• With omv-firstaid you should be able to switch to the 10GBit card. In this case is it then still necessary to use the onboard interface too? If you want to use both interfaces you need a switch which supports network bonding.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!