• Hello,
    i went thru the forum threads but i cant find any thread discussing if openmediavault stable release works with rpi 4 device, could you please let me know?

thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Works fine. Just download the image, flash a good quality >= 16GB SD card and install.

Make sure the RPi has access to the internet, using a network cable, during the whole installation process.

It may also be prudent to NOT have keyboard, mouse, screen and any external storage connected during the installation. It is not needed and may cause power problems.

After a while you can connect to your new OMV NAS using the web GUI from the web browser on some other computer in the same network. Use the url raspberrypi.local or, if that doesn't work, login to your DHCP-server to see what IP the RPi 4 received.

Then update and reboot.

And then you are running the latest stable version of OMV for RPi 4. Ready to configure for your needs.

It seems the RPi 4 gets a bit warm running OMV, even when idle. Some cooling might improve performance and stability. I use a FLIRC case.

• Any idea how long the initial setup should take on the RPI4? I've let mine sit for the past couple hours, plugged into ethernet, and when I login, there is no option for wifi, it isn't even detecting that the RPI4 has wifi, only eth0 and lo. Any ideas? Am I not waiting long enough for the initial setup?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea how long the initial setup should take on the RPI4?

About 30 mins with an active internet connection.

there is no option for wifi, it isn't even detecting that the RPI4 has wifi, only eth0 and lo.

?( how have you checked this, and why wifi, my past experience of a Pi's wifi is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, and for anything that is going to serve a network ethernet is way more stable and reliable.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you recommend raid on Rpi 4 ?

No no no no no!! The option to use USB drives has been removed in OMV, but the number of you tube 'gurus' who set up a raid on a pi is unbelievable. Raid is not necessary for home use, use two externally powered drives, use one for the data and the other as a backup using rsync or rsnapshot.

• No no no no no!! The option to use USB drives has been removed in OMV, but the number of you tube 'gurus' who set up a raid on a pi is unbelievable. Raid is not necessary for home use, use two externally powered drives, use one for the data and the other as a backup using rsync or rsnapshot.

duh? it means i cant connect box with drives via usb to rpi?

• what image? thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

what image? thanks

Download the image for RPi4. There is only one image that supports RPi4. The one I used was named "OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz" and was dated 2019-07-17 and was 295.0 MB big.

• Offizieller Beitrag

... there is no option for wifi, it isn't even detecting that the RPI4 has wifi, only eth0 and lo. Any ideas?

I didn't know that. I've just run OMV4 over ethernet. So I did a search, found some very good info and tested:

Raspberry Pi 4 -- Using OMV with wifi

• after installing from image ... and execution of upgrade via gui ... now i typed in console
    apt-get update:

Hit:16 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6314390>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6314390>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    root@raspberrypi:~#

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are quite a few posts about this. If I remember well

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

just contains one entry which also included in another list.. So you can remove that file (or copy to the /root folder, just in case). But search the forum first.

Or you just ignore the warnings.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV will recreate that file. So, it should be removed from /etc/apt/sources.list.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!