Create Docker running Java

• Good Morning,

I currently installed the docker extras plugin in OMV 4.x and searched for a tutorial how to setup a docker container, where I can run a simple java "program" I created for analyzing my OMV Shared Folders.

I enabled the docker plugin and wanted to create a docker container, but the mask popping-up asks for an image but the dropdown is empty and I have no clue, why I should select it, since I want to create a new one and not a finish image.

Can you help me to get this setup? I don't have any experience with docker, yet and formerly only used virtual box or vm ware.

Thanks and kind regards,

Felix

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you help me to get this setup? I don't have any experience with docker, yet and formerly only used virtual box or vm ware.

Your request for help is way above my pay grade, but what might be of help rather than the plugin is portainer have a look at @TechnoDadLife video on how to install portainer it has an option under images to build your own container or even upload one.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Good Morning geaves,

thanks for your response. I thought, I would be able to create and run own docker containers using the plugin, but I can "only" run existing docker container using OMV?!

I'll have a look into your links in the evening, thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Felix

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!