Shared Folders are not really synced?!

• Hi all,

I have a "problem" with my rsync Shared Folders. On folder A I upload photos, videos,... and after that, I manually directly sync them to my Shared Folder B, which I never enter manually or change anything manually. This should always be a 1:1 copy of Shared Folder A, after I started the rsync call.

What I did now, I changed my naming pattern and had to adjust some of the video file names. Due to the big amount of videos (per holiday I have approximately 100 to 150 single video files) I made this with a little script. Then I ran rsync again and I have the feeling, that rsync didn't treat the renamed files correctly. I expected rsync to treat the files following the old filename pattern to being deleted - since they don't exist on my Shared Folder A anymore - and the renamed files as newly created and copy them to Shared Folder B.

Instead I have the feeling, that the old named files and the new still exist on Shared Folder B. What a pitty, since I was running a script to rename the files, I'm not sure, which files were renamed and there are sooo many files now, that I don't want to compare them 1 by 1. I saw they ran out of sync because Shared Folder B has some 100 GB more than Shared Folder A.

Is there a chance to get a clean state of Shared Folder B that only contains a copy of Shared Folder A? If possible without deleting everything on Shared Folder B manually, but perhaps to reconfigure rsync to do this in the future on its own?

Thanks and kind regards,

Felix

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!