RSnapshot config after update OMV3->OMV4

• Hi,

so the update from OMV3->OMV4 went OK. Everything working, MariaDB, Docker, ...

I removed all plugins before upgrade.
    After upgrade:
    I reinstalled OMV Extras, rsnapshot, docker, ...

While Docker runs after reinstalling it, RSNapshot ist empty.
    I guess i have to reconfigure it, but is it normal to loose the RSNAP and CRON definition during upgrade?
    I have several backups so i can get the config. But i cant seem to find the correct file(s) and i dont know if its a wise decision to copy such files over?

Or just chew it and recreate every cron and Rsnap job?

thanks Chris

• Offizieller Beitrag

I removed all plugins before upgrade.

That was not needed. It would have been enough to remove those plugins which are not available for OMV4.

If you would have kept rsnapshot-plugin it would have been migrated to OMV4 including the modification.

So, one option would be to restore OMV3. Remove only plugins not supported in OMV4 and upgrade.

• Hi,

OK, i will know for the next time though.
    For now i will jump through the loop and recreate the RSNAPShot Tasks.

Why i removed everything from OMV was because I had a problem restarting OMV4
    (I found out it was because one of my harddrives was not recognized for it had several PID IDs, i had to reformat it. So the Plugins werent the problem.)

Anyways, thanks and keep up the great work.

SOLVED

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!