Error creating Raid

• Hi, this is my first post and I'm attempting to setup omv with a fresh raid6 array but I'm getting an error.

setup:

c2750d4i
    32GB ecc
    os on ssd
    6x3TB sata HDDs
    2x4TB sata HDDs
    mostly red drives
    ds380 case

Starting with a fresh install of omv 4.1.22 and following technodadlife youtube videos

Noteworthy:

-s.m.a.r.t. reports drive status of sde as "unknown" and sdh "device has a few bad sectors", all others are "good"
    -just noticed sde reports capacity of 3.86GiB (it's a 3TB drive)
    -when wiping each of the 8 data drives before attempting to create the raid, a couple presented with errors, the ones that refused to wipe did not show up initially in the raid creation disk selection list until I either attempted to wipe again and succeeded or in the case of one drive, had to do a lengthy overnight secure wipe. All drives eventually showed up, I attempted the raid6 creation selecting all 8 data drives and was presented with the following error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You have a board with a lot of ECC Ram. Why do you not try ZFS RAIDZ2 instead of Raid 6.

How old is your board? Do you have a new one with the AVATON C0 stepping without the C2000 bug on board?

For the older B0 stepping I remember that there were issues with the Marvell 9230 SATA controller. ASROCK then has provided a firmware fix for the marvell controller. It is also fixed in the C0 stepping.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!