Problem with permission inheritance

• I've been having problems with the permission inheritance when I access my NAS on my windows machine and try to execute or write files.
    Every time I have a new files downloaded by the server and I try to execute it or move it I have to enter enter shared folders-ACL and re allow everyone to read write recursively, I dont have or use any users to access the NAS, anyone can access it on the network.
    In samba I have it set guest allowed, browsable, honor acls, permission inheritance, but it seems that the permissions are not being applied to files created after ACLs been set.
    Tried using the reset permissions plugin set to everyone read/write, but its still not working.

Is there something I did wrong or something I can change to make it so that anyone that accesses the NAS can access every file (read,write,exec) without having to re apply the ACLs every time a new file is created?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner.)

If you don't care about access control, where any user on the network can access, add or delete network share files, don't use ACL's. Use what is called "Extra Options". (Actually this is traditional Linux file and folder permissions.)

Look at the following:
    Uncheck all boxes in the "User/Group permissions" box.
    Change the settings to be the same as shown in "Extra Options".
    Apply.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have "weird" permissions I have to ask, what is depositing the files in the data storage location?
    You said "downloaded" to the server, is this by a downloader program or a Docker?

Take a look at the "Reset Perms" plugin, in OMVExtra's. It can clear out stubborn and weird permissions issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dockers can create permissions issues as well. I'm not sure how you set them up but some of them require PUID and PGID settings that match a regular user and your "users" group. As an example, look at the configuration details for this deluge Docker. Scroll down to parameters and take a look. Then go farther down to the explanation of User / Group identifiers.

I'm speculating, but you may not have these settings (PUID and PGID) set correctly. BTW: linuxserver.io Dockers are recommended. When configured correctly, the work very well.

• I have the PUID and PGID set as a user, but reading the dockerhub it says that it creates the permissions for that user and I'm accessing it as guest so no bueno.
    I thought it was a problem with OMV and or Samba, but now searching for docker/deluge I read (Link) that you can change the umask in the docker to change the permission of the files it creates something like 777-umask (number by number).
    Read the hub again and you can change the default umask for this docker (and others), so I added the parameter UMASK_SET to 0, so everything should be created as read/write/exec for everyone and lets hope that it works.
    It seems that you can also change the PUID and PGID for the user nobody and that works too, but I havent tried it.

Read somewhere that linuxserver is the best for dockers so I try to get those.

Thanks for the help!, will see if this works

Edit: For anyone having this same problem the above fixed it.
    Thanks crashtest for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!