Piwigo

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have followed @TechnoDadLife video to set up Piwigo, I used portainer but the same information appears in OMV's docker.

Everything seems to work as expected and no errors appeared during the setup, in Piwigo I set the bind /pictures to a folder on my mergerfs mount /Photos image below;

I tried a few picture uploads as per the video, this works fine and so does viewing the images -> but where are they stored? the share I created /Photos is empty and using WinSCP and Cloud Commander running a search for one of the picture names finds nothing.

I have set this up for the wife as she has so many photos stored everywhere I thought this would be a great central storage/viewing platform and with a backup as well hopefully I won't lose any

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have found them they appear in /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Docker/AppData/piwigo/www/gallery/upload/2019/09/02 so the fact that you set a folder within the container host outside -> container path it's ignored!!

So something somewhere is wrong, looking in linuxserver/piwigo the only bind mount is /config there is nothing about a bind mount for the picture storage.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I installed Piwigo several weeks ago and then removed it. What it does/can do, it does very well. It just didn’t do what I wanted it to do. As I recall (I’ve slept since then.):
    1. It can’t display raw files.
    2. It can’t run slide shows on clients.
    3. It buries the files several folders deep somewhere in the AppData folder.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have to agree, but there has to be a solution, the only option I can think of is to symlink your actual photos share back to the /piwigo/www/gallery/upload that might work, but you have to remove bind for the pictures folder in the piwigo container.

Test for tomorrow I think, first off will be to remove the ones I have uploaded as a test.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Getting somewhere sort of, found the original Piwigo challenge thread it seems I had this set up wrong as far as the container path to the photos folder is concerned should have been /config/www/gallery/uploads that resolves that.

But when you create the album say My Photos it creates a permalink called MyandPhotos in the host folder, however, if you create a new album call it My Test this album does not get created but any photos you add to it get added to your network share under the date you uploaded. It also changes the image name!!

This is just strange obviously you can change the way it behaves, but as yet I still can't work out what config files to change within Piwigo.

Think it will be an attempt at Lychee tomorrow and do some more research on what else there is.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorted!! Photoshow does what it says on the tin, create a folder in the Photo share with an appropriate name for your group of photos add the photos and photoshow displays them and it can run a slideshow, much easier to set up and less hassle for explaining to the wife :)

Added to that I have created a symlink in Windows to my cloud storage, using a desktop app under file explorer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems simple enough yet I couldn’t get it to upload photos from the web interface. I am assuming the container is set to bridge mode, but docker info page didn’t say. As for file paths, I’m assuming “/Pictures:ro” means “read only”. Any hints?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I figured it out. Not really hard at all. It's not so feature rich as piwigo, but it does have a slideshow. It cannot handle raw files. It still might be useful.

Nextcloud has a built in photo gallery that has a slideshow feature, but it does not recognize raw files.
    Plex has a simple photo slideshow, but only on its web gui server and none of the client apps. It does recognize raw files.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems simple enough yet I couldn’t get it to upload photos from the web interface.

I had trouble with that, I also dropped the thumbs folder in the container, whilst I understood the purpose it would create a thumbs under the thumbs created by the container.

As for file paths, I’m assuming “/Pictures:ro” means “read only”. Any hints?

RO is read only. What makes Photoshow simpler is that all you do is upload/add your pictures to your share on your server in the appropriate folders, the folders are then displayed as albums in Photoshow.
    So Photoshow is in itself is a viewer via a browser for simple home use it's fine, and the wife understands it :) however, the downside question I faced yesterday "Where's the description/name of the of the picture" :( that may or may not be an issue.

I'm going to have another look at Piwigo, I found something yesterday I'm willing to try, it might work it might not.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, whilst Photoshow makes a better option I have found I can simply use my Emby install and just add a Photo library, this is easier still and the when selecting a photo from the first album it runs a slideshow, plus I don't have to run another container.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!