Target Packages configured multiple times in sources.list and openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

• I see warnings with apt update:

As indicated, the first (and only) line in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list and the seventh line in /etc/apt/sources.list both contain: deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main contrib non-free. Should this line be commented out in one of the files?

Maybe unrelated, but the button to enable or disable Backports on the OMV-Extras page of the GUI gives a communication error and continually displays a moving progress bar until the page is refreshed. Is this the case for anyone else?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should this line be commented out in one of the files?

Yes. You can delete it from /etc/apt/sources.list. This is just a warning though.

Maybe unrelated, but the button to enable or disable Backports on the OMV-Extras page of the GUI gives a communication error and continually displays a moving progress bar until the page is refreshed. Is this the case for anyone else?

It shouldn't. What is the output of the apt clean button? You can paste it in a file and attach the file.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes. You can delete it from /etc/apt/sources.list. This is just a warning though.

Done. All clear of warnings now. Well, except for an error which seems to be a bug in the version of python in OMV:

Code
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb624a3d8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb624a3d8>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

It shouldn't. What is the output of the apt clean button?

Nice, the apt clean button succeeded with no unusual output, and afterwards the Backports Enable worked without error. However, I see no visual indication of whether the setting is Enabled or Disabled. Is there a way to check?

Is there a description of what the update, omv-update, upgrade, dist-upgrade, and apt clean buttons do? I would guess they are the same as they would be on debian, except I'm not sure what omv-update and dist-upgrade do in the context of OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, I see no visual indication of whether the setting is Enabled or Disabled. Is there a way to check?

Look for backports in the output of apt clean is one way. Look for the backports file in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ another.

Is there a description of what the update, omv-update, upgrade, dist-upgrade, and apt clean buttons do? I would guess they are the same as they would be on debian, except I'm not sure what omv-update and dist-upgrade do in the context of OMV.

update, upgrade, dist-upgrade do exactly what they would do with apt-get in front of the command.
    omv-update is the utility provided by omv to basically do an unattended apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade. Read the code if you want to know more - https://github.com/openmediava…vault/usr/sbin/omv-update
    apt clean is an omv-extras utility to clean up repo related stuff and run apt-get update. Read the code if you want to know more - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ter/usr/sbin/omv-aptclean

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!