How to add specific (existing) network to docker-compose.yml?

• After a generous help of this community :thumbup: I managed to install letsencrypt and working nextcloud and airsonic containers. I'm using docker compose for it. For future installs, what line I have to include in yml file to join new containers to letsencrypt network? For example, if letsencrypt network ID is "23b23jb23j4v2hj34vhj2v3hjv23hj421jh44j23" what line I have to insert in calibre web docker-compose.yml:

= Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M3 • 2 x HDD 3.5" 4TB Western Digital Red • Windows Server 2019 • Hyper-V • OMV 5.x =

• why don't you just add calibre to your existing docker-compose.yml? Then it's automatically joined in the network.

Thank you for answer.

That is OK for images from linuxserver.io. But I docker-compose.yml from developer (seafile) which is not from linuxserver and want to add to my letsencrypt network.

= Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M3 • 2 x HDD 3.5" 4TB Western Digital Red • Windows Server 2019 • Hyper-V • OMV 5.x =

• As far as I know nothing stops you from adding all container to one docker-compose.yml regardless of the origin.
    But if you want to use separate files it's advisable to join your containers to a use created network.
    In cli you enter docker network create insert_name.
    In the docker-compose.yml you add

Code
    networks:
      default:
        external:
          name: insert_name
  • Another problem
    I add calibre-web to my older nextcloud-mariadb-letsencrypt yml file and receive errors

Code
    ERROR: for letsencrypt  Cannot create container for service letsencrypt: Conflict. The container name "/letsencrypt" is already in use by container "9c62da18f85            82c75b404076fa0a96c5e9e396e95a1e60fb27ac3be79dc15b4d9". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.

ERROR: for mariadb  Cannot create container for service mariadb: Conflict. The container name "/nextclouddb" is already in use by container "762a3e86610d2c8bb8d            4145fd4aed8fd678b4b7cebf935f985b88e3b1a14e0c7". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
    ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

• Did you change something else, cause normally docker-compose will detect that the consider exists and skip rebuilding it, if nothing changed.
    This error means that he's trying to create new container and these conflict with the existing ones..

• That's odd. I change nothing. Just add calibre-web to yml file. I run nextcloud-mariafb-letsencrypt file alone (w/o calibre-web lines) and everithing is ok:

Code
    letsencrypt is up-to-date
    nextclouddb is up-to-date
    nextcloud is up-to-date

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!