Almost All Containers in Docker are "Connection Refused"

• I have NextCloud with remote access (as per TechnoDad's tutorial) running, and it works fine (Nextcloud, Letsencrypt, Mariadb, and Duckdns), as well as a Plex server in Docker. Any other container I try to run (Syncthing, Zoneminder, MotionEye) I get "Connection Refused" or "Refused to connect" when I try to open the GUI for any of them. I noticed that if I refresh the docker page in OMV, that the status of those containers always say "Restarting."

I don't know where to begin to fix this. I had given up on Syncthing in Docker and installed the plugin instead (which works fine). But I need docker for either Zoneminder or MotionEye.

• Usually that could be a misconfiguration or the wrong image being used.

How would I even attempt to find out if it's a misconfiguration? I'm also following the TechnoDad tutorials exactly. And by wrong image, do you mean when I use the search box in the far right of docker? For example, if I'm trying to install Syncthing, there's syncthing/syncthing or linuxserver/syncthing. If that is the case, I'm not installing the wrong image. Again, I follow the TechnoDad tutorials exactly. For syncthing, I installed syncthing/syncthing. When that didn't work, I tried linuxserver/syncthing anyway, but same issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And by wrong image, do you mean when I use the search box in the far right of docker?

The Tag as this will state/apply to the architecture i.e. latest is usually amd64, I pulled the following from github;
    docker pull ccrisan/motioneye:master-amd64
    docker pull ccrisan/motioneye:master-armhf
    As you can see for this one there is two distinct versions.

• The Tag as this will state/apply to the architecture i.e. latest is usually amd64, I pulled the following from github;docker pull ccrisan/motioneye:master-amd64
    docker pull ccrisan/motioneye:master-armhf
    As you can see for this one there is two distinct versions.

I have no idea what to do, still. I followed the TechnoDad tutorial, which had me installing jshridha/motioneye, for example.

• Here's a link to linuxserver/syncthing tags as you cansee there are specific tags for specific hardware and you have to use that tag to get the right one.

I honestly don't understand. How do I "use the tag to get the right one"? I don't know what that means. I have an Odroid HC2. I see in the tags stuff like "arm64," "arm32," and different versions. But when I go to install an image, I'm just choosing the image and clicking "pull." Do I need to do something beyond that and choose arm64 or arm32 from within that image and only pull that somehow? Why doesn't the tutorial explain any of this? Are all these images just incompatible with my Odroid HC2? I don't understand what to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have an Odroid HC2. I see in the tags stuff like "arm64,"

I think the HC2 would be arm64-latest so when you select an image such as linuxserver/syncthing there is another box next to it, that is the tag box in there you would enter arm64-latest then click start.

If you don't enter anything in the tag field it will just pull the latest image which is usually amd64.

• I think the HC2 would be arm64-latest so when you select an image such as linuxserver/syncthing there is another box next to it, that is the tag box in there you would enter arm64-latest then click start.
    If you don't enter anything in the tag field it will just pull the latest image which is usually amd64.

For an Odroid HC2 you've to use the tag arm32v7-latest (I've an HC1).

kr.,
    Frepke

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• I think the HC2 would be arm64-latest so when you select an image such as linuxserver/syncthing there is another box next to it, that is the tag box in there you would enter arm64-latest then click start.

Ok, so if I have the right images, then what is going wrong?

• Clear the log for the container, restart the container, then post the log.

I had been deleting the containers when I'd see it wouldn't work. I added motioneye again (jshridha/motioneye latest) and I checked the log (I had no idea to do that, thanks):

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Also, I checked, and my Odroid HC2 has processor ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l).

• I had been deleting the containers when I'd see it wouldn't work. I added motioneye again (jshridha/motioneye latest) and I checked the log (I had no idea to do that, thanks):
    standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

That is the error you will see if you are using an incorrect image for your hardware - ie wrong tag.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I did more Googling, and I noticed this:

Zitat

armhf stands for "arm hard float", and is the name given to a debian port for arm processors (armv7+) that have hardware floating point support.

So I guess that I need to use the tag armhf then, since my Odroid HC2 is ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)? I haven't noticed any arm32, and not sure if that's the same thing. Also, what if it doesn't show the hardware compatibility of arm-whatever? How do I check to see what it is?

• There is no information available for that image that mentions different tags for different hardware architectures or even what arch that image is for.

All I can suggest is for you to find another source for an image. Try this one, but be aware there is no documentation for it:

https://hub.docker.com/r/ccrisan/motioneye/

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There is no information available for that image that mentions different tags for different hardware architectures or even what arch that image is for.

All I can suggest is for you to find another source for an image. Try this one, but be aware there is no documentation for it:

https://hub.docker.com/r/ccrisan/motioneye/

I already tried ccrisan/motioneye with the latest image armhf as well as specifying arm64 later, and both times I got the same error in the log as all the other ones. So I guess Odroid HC2 is neither arm64 or armhf?

• So I guess Odroid HC2 is neither arm64 or armhf?

See post # 10 above. Just be aware that specifying a tag when you pull an image does not guarantee that such an image is available. You have to look in the tag list first.

--

• See post # 10 above. Just be aware that specifying a tag when you pull an image does not guarantee that such an image is available. You have to look in the tag list first.

I couldn't find anything that exactly said arm32v7, but I did find in hassioaddons/motioneye a tag that was armv7-0.5.4 so I pulled that. When I run the image, I don't get the same error as before, but now it's new:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!