Bridge ethernet cards eno1 & eno2 to br0

• OMV 5.x (beta)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bridge ethernet cards eno1 & eno2 to br0

Hi,

I'm new to Debian/OMV (coming from Fedora/RedHat) and I face a problem. I can't figure out how to bridge 2 Ethernet cards. Since this can't be done in GUI, I tried many ways to do it using CLI, but none is working.

The purpose of it is to connect a music DAC to the second network port of my motherboard so the music is streamed directly from OMV to the DAC without using a switch. This setup is OK with Fedora 30.

Is there a step-by-step tutorial to explain how to bridge cards (layer 2) on OMV.

My last attempt was to create files in /etc/systemd/network/ but it doesn't operate at all. eno1 and eno2 are up, but not br0

thank,
      Manu
    • Lafuente wrote:

Is there a step-by-step tutorial to explain how to bridge cards (layer 2) on OMV.
      OMV is Debian. So, this tutorial should help - wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections
      omv 4.1.23 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Lafuente wrote:

I already check it without success
      Strange, you didn't mention changing /etc/network/interfaces which is how that wiki tells you to fix the problem. I don't see how that would not work. If you did, what did your interfaces file look like?
      omv 4.1.23 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I also tried to change /etc/network/interfaces, but there is not many examples available about this.

I finally solve the problem by adding files to /etc/systemd/network as explain here :
      wiki.debian.org/SystemdNetworkd

So I add "br0.netdev"

[NetDev]
      Name=br0
      Kind=bridge
      MACAddress=0c:c4:7a:e6:ad:dc <====== the bridge MAC address that match the LAN network card

[Match]
      Name=br0
      Than added "br0.network"

[Match]
      Name=eno1
      [Network]
      Bridge=br0

[Match]
      Name=eno2
      [Network]
      Bridge=br0
      Then Modify "Openmediavault-eno1.network" like this :