Bridge ethernet cards eno1 & eno2 to br0

• Hi,

I'm new to Debian/OMV (coming from Fedora/RedHat) and I face a problem. I can't figure out how to bridge 2 Ethernet cards. Since this can't be done in GUI, I tried many ways to do it using CLI, but none is working.

The purpose of it is to connect a music DAC to the second network port of my motherboard so the music is streamed directly from OMV to the DAC without using a switch. This setup is OK with Fedora 30.

Is there a step-by-step tutorial to explain how to bridge cards (layer 2) on OMV.

My last attempt was to create files in /etc/systemd/network/ but it doesn't operate at all. eno1 and eno2 are up, but not br0

thank,
    Manu

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a step-by-step tutorial to explain how to bridge cards (layer 2) on OMV.

OMV is Debian. So, this tutorial should help - https://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I already check it without success

Strange, you didn't mention changing /etc/network/interfaces which is how that wiki tells you to fix the problem. I don't see how that would not work. If you did, what did your interfaces file look like?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I also tried to change /etc/network/interfaces, but there is not many examples available about this.

I finally solve the problem by adding files to /etc/systemd/network as explain here :
    https://wiki.debian.org/SystemdNetworkd

So I add "br0.netdev"

Than added "br0.network"

Then Modify "Openmediavault-eno1.network" like this :

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!