[SOLVED] How can I access OMV web UI with reverse proxy (Let's Encrypt) set up?

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How can I access OMV web UI with reverse proxy (Let's Encrypt) set up?

I have reverse proxy set up and I can access most of my docker containers using the subfolder method. e.g: example.duckdns.org/radarr. I can access Radarr, Sonarr, Sabnzbd. I have Heimdalll set up as the home page when I go to example.duckdns.org. I want to be able to access the OMV Web UI with example.duckdns.org/omv but I don't know where to configure that. I know I have to configure one of the conf files or the default config but I don't know which one.
    • rufusprufus wrote:

I have reverse proxy set up and I can access most of my docker containers using the subfolder method. e.g: example.duckdns.org/radarr. I can access Radarr, Sonarr, Sabnzbd. I have Heimdalll set up as the home page when I go to example.duckdns.org. I want to be able to access the OMV Web UI with example.duckdns.org/omv but I don't know where to configure that. I know I have to configure one of the conf files or the default config but I don't know which one.
      The way I did it on mine I can go to omv.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.duckdns. by adding this conf file omv.subdomain.conf in /sharedfolders/AppData/Letsencrypt/Nginx/proxy-confs/omv

Source Code

1. server {
      2. listen 443 ssl;
      3. #add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15552000" always;
      4. add_header Referrer-Policy no-referrer;
      5. add_header X-Robots-Tag "noindex, nofollow, nosnippet, noarchive";
      6. #add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN always;
      7. #add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff always;
      8. #add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block" always;
      9. root /config/www;
      10. index index.html index.htm index.php;
      11. server_name omv.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.duckdns.org;
      12. include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
      13. client_max_body_size 0;
      14. location / {
      15. # auth_basic "Restricted";
      16. # auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
      17. include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
      18. proxy_pass http://localIP:80;
      19. }
      20. }
      Display All

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nefertiti ().

• What @Nefertiti suggested is the subdomain method.
      For subfolder try something like that:

Source Code: omv.subfolder.conf

1. location ^~ /omv {
      2. include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
      3. resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
      4. proxy_pass http://my_omv_ip:80;
      5. }
      for not in depth information on the reverse proxy consult the official letsencrypt container guide blog.linuxserver.io/2019/04/25…rypt-nginx-starter-guide/
    • Nefertiti wrote:

rufusprufus wrote:

Unfortunately this didn't work for me.

I tried @Nefertiti's method and it connects but the connections in not secure. It says that the cert is invalid.
      Can you dispalay some jpeg of your docker for let'encrypt ;duckdns;?
      I have it set-up using the subfolder method because I find it easier like that. It only uses one subdomain in duckdns. I followed Techno Dad's video to set up Let's Encrypt and everything works fine except for the fact that I don't know how to configure the OMV webui.
      Images
      • duck.jpg

88.32 kB, 896×686, viewed 21 times
      • lets1.jpg

100.08 kB, 902×709, viewed 23 times
    • rufusprufus wrote:

I have it set-up using the subfolder method because I find it easier like that. It only uses one subdomain in duckdns. I followed Techno Dad's video to set up Let's Encrypt and everything works fine except for the fact that I don't know how to configure the OMV webui.

I advice you to get a new tocken since you did not wipe out in duckdns docker

Well I am using only one subdomain much easier to configure plus I can have unlimited number of app app-name.xxxxxx.duckdns.org at subdomain line you put wildcard and validation is duckdns.
      Images
      • 2019-09-07_153826.jpg

87.51 kB, 677×716, viewed 20 times
    • Nefertiti wrote:

rufusprufus wrote:

I advice you to get a new tocken since you did not wipe out in duckdns docker

Well I am using only one subdomain much easier to configure plus I can have unlimited number of app app-name.xxxxxx.duckdns.org at subdomain line you put wildcard and validation is duckdns.

The thing about doing it your way is that you only get like 5 subdomains from duckdns.
    • rufusprufus wrote:

The thing about doing it your way is that you only get like 5 subdomains from duckdns.
      No my friend you are limited by Duckdns to 5 domains but in fact you only need one. I know you are using
      the old tutorial from @TechnoDadLife, but with wildcard this is the beauty of it, you use just one subdomain for UNLIMITED number of app.

app-name1.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org
      app-name2.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org
      app-name3.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org

ETC..

app-name100000.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org
      Images
      • 2019-09-07_170548.jpg

86.54 kB, 680×700, viewed 19 times

The post was edited 4 times, last by Nefertiti ().

• Nefertiti wrote:

rufusprufus wrote:

No my friend you are limited by Duckdns to 5 domains but in fact you only need one. I know you are usingthe old tutorial from @TechnoDadLife, but with wildcard this is the beauty of it, you use just one subdomain for UNLIMITED number of app.

app-name1.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org
      app-name2.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org
      app-name3.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org

ETC..

app-name100000.onlyonesubdomain.duckdns.org
      That's good to know but I want to do it the subfolder way since I already have it set up like that except for the webui. Thanks, though.
    • Morlan wrote:

On which port is your web you configured? Which error did you get trying my conf-file? Did you restart the letsencrypt container after aging the file?
      OMV's webui is on port 80. On firefox, I can't even connect. However, if I put omv.mydomain.duckdns.org I connect to it but it's not secured.
      Images
      • omv.jpg

81.78 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 14 times
    • I use this config with the linuxserver/letsencrypt docker container:

this goes under /config/nginx/proxy-confs inside the container
      using port 8080 (80 is used by PiHole) for OMV, change accordingly

Source Code: omv.subfolder.conf

1. location /omv {
      2. return 301 $scheme://$host/omv/;
      3. }
      4. location ^~ /omv/ {
      5. # enable the next two lines for http auth
      6. #auth_basic "Restricted";
      7. #auth_basic_user_file /config/nginx/.htpasswd;
      8. include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
      9. resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
      10. set $upstream_omv omv;
      11. rewrite /omv(.*) $1 break;
      12. proxy_pass http://<LOCAL_OMV_MACHINE_IP_HERE>:8080;
      13. }
      Display All
      omv 4.1.22-1 - Bevy NUC thanks to TechnoDadLife (NUC5CPYB)
      Celeron N3050 @ 1.60GHz - 8GB RAM - 4 external disks via USB3.0 - Gigabit Ethernet - LOTS OF CONTAINERS! :)