No backup but snapshot of what is in shared folders

• I am really hoping someone can help me on this forum. I have OMV running almost exclusively for my plex server. I have downloaded about 12TB of movies from my collection over the years and have them in shared files on OMV. Whenever a new movie is purchased I put it on my server immediately. Because I have the discs purchased and in my collection I have no need to have backups of my movies. Recently I had a HD loss and even though I didn't worry about being able to replace it there was a real struggle trying to figure out which movie I had lost. Is there anything in OMV that takes a snapshot of what is in my shared folders but just takes a snapshot of what is in there without actually backing it up? That way if/when this happens again I know exactly which movies I am missing based on a snapshot of that drive?

• Offizieller Beitrag

A find command writing output to a date stamped filename could be diff'd against previous output files to see what files are missing.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Add a scheduled job in the web interface that is run daily that looks like:

find /sharedfolders/files/ -type f -name "*.mp4" | tee /sharedfolders/files/filelist_$(date +"%d-%b-%Y_%H-%M-%S")

The /sharedfolders/files/ path needs to be changed in both plages to match your video location. The mp4 extension might need to be changed as well to match your videos. If the drive fails, the following command would show you the differences between the two lists.

diff filelist_06-Sep-2019_17-17-29 filelist_06-Sep-2019_17-17-30

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!