Is there anything special on OMV NFS shares?

• Hello,

I'm posting this in Offtopic as it's not about a problem with OMV. If a mod thinks it would fit better into the NFS corner, please move it.

I'm running an OMV server and it shares some directories via NFS with other Linux PCs in my LAN. On client side I have one line in /etc/fstab which mounts all subdirectories at once with the correct ro/rw access.

Now I'd like to do the same with my HTPC. Therefore I took some lines from the servers /etc/exports and adapted it to the HTPCs directory structure:

Code
    /data/dir1  192.168.178.123(fsid=1,rw,subtree_check,secure)
    /data/dir2  192.168.178.1/24(fsid=2,ro,subtree_check,secure,async)
    /data       192.168.178.123(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)
    /data       192.168.178.1/24(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

I try to share /data/dir2 to everybody in this subnet as read-only and /data/dir1 to a specific client as read-write. Unfortunately the OMV one-liner in /etc/fstab doesn't work with the HTPC exports. I have to add another line specifically for /data/dir1. Otherwise it's mounted as ro instead of rw.

So my question is: does OMV do anything more special than this?

What I really want is to share all children of /data as ro but /data/dir1 as rw.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I try to share /data/dir2 to everybody in this subnet as read-only and /data/dir1 to a specific client as read-write. Unfortunately the OMV one-liner in /etc/fstab doesn't work with the HTPC exports. I have to add another line specifically for /data/dir1. Otherwise it's mounted as ro instead of rw.

I believe the multihost/subnet in nfs in omv has never worked. Follow the guidelines for NFS on multi host

https://linux.die.net/man/5/exports

The fourth export seems unnecessary

So my question is: does OMV do anything more special than this?

it adds the pseudo-root fs as ro, as you can see in the last line of exports in omv, it also configures nfs with the common guidelines using fstab bind mounts, to the /export directory

What I really want is to share all children of /data as ro but /data/dir1 as rw.

well if you mount srv:/data should be ro, mount srv:/data/dir2 should be rw

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!