Openmediavaut Systems Crashed

    • OMV 5.x (beta)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Openmediavaut Systems Crashed

      Hi:

      I have a OpenMediaVault with 4 hard drives, one for the system and the other 3 for a RAID5.

      Now my system disk has crashed, and I have reinstalled the systems. I can see that the system has found the RAID5, but I can't access data because the shared folders are missing.

      How can I recover the shared folders from the old system ?, There is any configuration backup tool for backing up the system state for recovering it later in other systems ?

      Thx
    • arcsistemes wrote:

      How can I recover the shared folders from the old system ?
      Recreate the shared folders using the existing folders in the filesystem.

      arcsistemes wrote:

      There is any configuration backup tool for backing up the system state for recovering it later in other systems ?
      No
      omv 4.1.23 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      arcsistemes wrote:

      There is any configuration backup tool for backing up the system state for recovering it later in other systems ?
      No
      Hmm.. did I understand it correctly, there is no backup settings tool/pluging for OMV?
      How come?
      I havn't reasearch this question yet, but I think it's kind of 'must have feature'. I mean, this is really useful when you need to save/restore your OMV configuration.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Erikk ().

    • Erikk wrote:

      Hmm.. did I understand it correctly, there is no backup settings tool/pluging for OMV?
      How come?
      I havn't reasearch this question yet, but I think it's kind of 'must have feature'. I mean, this is really useful when you need to save/restore your OMV configuration.
      Correct. There was in OMV 0.2 but it didn't work very well. The backend database OMV uses (xml file) doesn't allow for a proper backup/restore. Volker has said with the move to saltstack in OMV 5.x, that he may create a backup/restore feature again.
      omv 4.1.23 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!