OMV 4 unstable on same hardware that was stable with Ubuntu.

• I was running Ubuntu server on this setup for years without stability problems. Since moving over to OMV, I get crashes a lot. Almost all say something about cpu thread hung. I have checked the memory and it is ok. I run a rocketraid 3560 with 52TB Raid6. The only thing I can think of is needing a different kernel. I tried the proxmox kernel, and it does not detect my rocketraid. I am new to Debian proper, but have used Ubuntu for many years. i tried running 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 and 4.19.0-0.bpo.5-amd64 with the previous being slightly less unstable.

Any idea what to try? Short of compiling my own kernel? (seriously do not want that headache). I seriously doubt it is my hardware since Ubuntu was running fine. It is an older box running an AMD A8-5500 with 16GB of memory.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried the proxmox kernel, and it does not detect my rocketraid.

This is strange since the proxmox kernel on OMV 4.x is almost identical to the Ubuntu 18.04 kernel. Did you try loading the hptiop module? modprobe hptiop If it doesn't autoload on reboot, echo "hptiop" > /etc/modules-load.d/hptiop.conf

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, it has been a couple of days and looking much more stable. i am not ready to declare victory yet, but definitely encouraging. If this stays that way, i may play with docker again. Thanks for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!