Mediasmart wouldn't seem to boot after latest apt-upgrade. Was network interface change

• I thought I'd post this in case it might help someone else out. I ran an apt-upgrade tonight on a headless mediasmart server. Towards the end of the update there was a question about grub installation. I selected the boot drive and it completed without error. The upgrade finished and I rebooted. The server seemed to not boot. I pulled it apart and connected the VGA adapter assuming that I had messed up grub somehow but found there was no network available. What was before interface eth1 was now enp2s0. I changed all references to eth1 to enp2s0 in /etc/network/interfaces and all is well after reboot. I don't recall why I hard coded the network interface before and I am not an expert at all. Maybe if this config is left blank it would've auto-config and I wouldn't have an issue. The other thing i'm not sure of is if I had changed the file before restarting if it would work without having to change after the fact.

TL;DR Upgrade changed mediasmart server network interface from eth1 to enp2s0.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!