Looking for a Mini ITX motherboard to build a home NAS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Looking for a Mini ITX motherboard to build a home NAS

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to build a home NAS based on Eolize SVD-NC11-4, a box with 4 hot swap bay or maybe a Silverstone with 6/8 bay.

I'm looking for a motherboard with these features:

- Support for almost 2 memory slot and 32 GB maximum ram
      - 4/8 SATA3 connections (6 Gbps)
      - 1 LAN GbE connection (preferably 2)
      - Enough processor power to support ZFS and video transcoding/streming through ethernet (Plex, DLNA etc)
      - Mini atx small form factor (10x10 cm) to fit the Eolize/Silverstone...

Do you have some advice?

Tnx in advance...!!!

The post was edited 3 times, last by a.posa ().

• Just a clarification...You stated mini-ITX in the title and then say mini atx below. There really is no mini-ATX form factor (do you mean micro ATX?)
      Or do you really mean mini ITX? Mini ITX is 17 x 17 cm (6.7 x 6.7 in.) Micro ATX is 24 x 24 cm (9.6 x 9.6 in).

The post was edited 1 time, last by dfuerpo ().

• dfuerpo wrote:

Just a clarification...You stated mini-ITX in the title and then say mini atx below. There really is no mini-ATX form factor (do you mean micro ATX?)
      Or do you really mean mini ITX? Mini ITX is 17 x 17 cm (6.7 x 6.7 in.) Micro ATX is 24 x 24 cm (9.6 x 9.6 in).

You're right, sorry about my mistake.

It's a Mini -ITX board what I'm loking for...
    • Hi,

where do you live? I'd give away an Asus P9D-I server board (asus.com/de/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/P9DI/) for not so much. With an i3-4x30T and 16GB ECC ram it has power enough for all you are planning. I also could add an Asus U3S6 controller card, so there would be 4x SATA3 and 2x SATA2 ports over all.

Please PM if you are interested.

Best regards
      Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
      Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD