Incorrect System Disk Size

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Adoby wrote:

Hi!

This is a common problem. Normally 6-7 GB is plenty. But if you do something wrong then even several TB may not be enough.

There are several threads on the forum about this. Here is one:

Error 28 - No space left on device
      Following that thread (thank you btw), I booted up PopOS and this is what I find for that drive. Please understand this is relatively foreign to me so I'm not sure how to interpret what I'm looking at.

sdd 8:48 1 29.8G 0 disk
      ├─sdd1 8:49 1 5.9G 0 part /media/pop-os/31651ac4-e061-4bf2-a02a-bd99
      ├─sdd2 8:50 1 1K 0 part
      └─sdd5 8:53 1 23.9G 0 part

Disk properties show a swap and extended partition.

Edit, Here is my fstab contents (not sure if relevant):

Source Code

1. # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
      2. # / was on /dev/sdc1 during installation
      3. UUID=31651ac4-e061-4bf2-a02a-bd994d6e9764 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro 0 1
      4. # swap was on /dev/sdc5 during installation
      5. #UUID=04d1630c-2810-44e1-abe9-b0d4627e2bb6 none swap sw 0 0
      6. tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
      7. # >>> [openmediavault]
      8. /dev/disk/by-label/Media /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
      9. /dev/disk/by-label/Personal /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Personal ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
      10. # <<< [openmediavault]
      Images
      • Screenshot from 2019-09-13 20-36-04.png

32.28 kB, 692×327, viewed 3 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goofy ().

• OK. Now you will be doing open brain surgery on the OMV system. Wash your hands very carefully and put on gloves and mask. And a hair net.

You need to very, very carefully look around inside what used to be the root filesystem on the flash drive. I suspect that it is sdd1.

When you open sdd1 you can search for a folder full of junk files and junk folders you recognize from some other context. The utility du (disk usage) could be a helpful diagnostic tool. Find the folder with the biggest disk usage and open it. Then check the disk usage in that folder. Repeat until you find the junk. Perform a surgical excision and delete the junk, taking great care not to delete any of the surrounding healthy files and folders.

Then OMV will hopefully be able to run as normal again.
      OMV 4, 7 x ODROID HC2, 1 x ODROID HC1, 5 x 12TB, 1 x 8TB, 1 x 2TB SSHD, 1 x 2TB SSD, GbE, WiFi mesh