Incorrect System Disk Size

• I have OMV installed on a 32GB USB flash drive however never paid attention until recently where I've noticed it's reporting the drive is only ~6GB. Additionally the drive is now full and I'm at loss as to where to go or even start.

• Following that thread (thank you btw), I booted up PopOS and this is what I find for that drive. Please understand this is relatively foreign to me so I'm not sure how to interpret what I'm looking at.

sdd 8:48 1 29.8G 0 disk
    ├─sdd1 8:49 1 5.9G 0 part /media/pop-os/31651ac4-e061-4bf2-a02a-bd99
    ├─sdd2 8:50 1 1K 0 part
    └─sdd5 8:53 1 23.9G 0 part

Disk properties show a swap and extended partition.

Edit, Here is my fstab contents (not sure if relevant):

Code
    # <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
    # / was on /dev/sdc1 during installation
    UUID=31651ac4-e061-4bf2-a02a-bd994d6e9764 /               ext4 noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro 0       1
    # swap was on /dev/sdc5 during installation
    #UUID=04d1630c-2810-44e1-abe9-b0d4627e2bb6 none            swap    sw              0       0
    tmpfs           /tmp            tmpfs   defaults        0       0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Media /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/Personal /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Personal ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OK. Now you will be doing open brain surgery on the OMV system. Wash your hands very carefully and put on gloves and mask. And a hair net.

You need to very, very carefully look around inside what used to be the root filesystem on the flash drive. I suspect that it is sdd1.

When you open sdd1 you can search for a folder full of junk files and junk folders you recognize from some other context. The utility du (disk usage) could be a helpful diagnostic tool. Find the folder with the biggest disk usage and open it. Then check the disk usage in that folder. Repeat until you find the junk. Perform a surgical excision and delete the junk, taking great care not to delete any of the surrounding healthy files and folders.

Then OMV will hopefully be able to run as normal again.

• Hate to bump my old thread, however I'm back to the same point I was originally; the drive has filled to capacity...to the point where I cannot connect to OMV:

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

I only have Win10 now so I cannot read the USB drive elsewhere. I fired up a Virtualbox Ubuntu VM however it cant attach the OMV USB.

I think at this point my only solution is to reinstall OMV however I am fearful that this will render the data on my other drives inaccessible.

Help!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

the drive has filled to capacity...to the point where I cannot connect to OMV:

You should still be able to connect via ssh or at worst, locally to fix this. There is no way to fix this from the web interface anyway.

I only have Win10 now so I cannot read the USB drive elsewhere. I fired up a Virtualbox Ubuntu VM however it cant attach the OMV USB.

You can boot just about any Linux live cd on the win10 system to attach the drive.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You should still be able to connect via ssh or at worst, locally to fix this. There is no way to fix this from the web interface anyway.

You can boot just about any Linux live cd on the win10 system to attach the drive.

I was able to get in via Putty and was able to clean *just* enough space with clean-apt and purging my logs to get back into the webgui. So I'm basically back to my original problem where something keeps eating into my boot drive.

To recap: I'm a noob with OMV/Linux :). I've got a 32GB flash drive being used as boot and a couple of NAS drives attached. File system shows sdc1 as only being ~5.76GB.

df

lsblk

Code
    NAME   MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda      8:0    0  1.8T  0 disk
    └─sda1   8:1    0  1.8T  0 part /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Personal
    sdb      8:16   0  1.8T  0 disk
    └─sdb1   8:17   0  1.8T  0 part /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Media
    sdc      8:32   1 29.8G  0 disk
    ├─sdc1   8:33   1  5.9G  0 part /
    ├─sdc2   8:34   1    1K  0 part
    └─sdc5   8:37   1 23.9G  0 part
  • Unmount your data drives. Then examine their mountpoints - they should be empty. If they aren't this is likely the data that is filling up your system drive.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've got a 32GB flash drive being used as boot and a couple of NAS drives attached. File system shows sdc1 as only being ~5.76GB.

Start with: du -d1 -x -h / | sort -h

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Unmount your data drives. Then examine their mountpoints - they should be empty. If they aren't this is likely the data that is filling up your system drive.

Is there a best practice for this when Unmounting is greyed out?

• Drives are setup with shares in SMB - disabling the service did not work. Do I have to delete the shares?
    • Do I have to also delete all of my Shared Folders?

@ryecoaaron
    4.0K /export
    4.0K /home
    4.0K /lib64
    4.0K /mnt
    8.0K /media
    12K /srv
    16K /lost+found
    16K /opt
    44K /root
    7.3M /etc
    13M /bin
    15M /sbin
    130M /var
    137M /boot
    991M /lib
    1.1G /usr
    1.3G /sharedfolders
    3.6G /

• Forget about using the GUI for this.

I would try force unmounting them in the shell.

fuser -k -9 /mountpoint

then umount /mountpoint

If this doesn't work you could try shutting down, disconnecting the data drives and, booting it.There will probably be errors and warnings about the missing drives.Then look at the mountpoints.

Or you could boot a LiveCD or Live USB Linux distro and look at the mount points. Probably the fastest and easiest way.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I didn't see any mention of you using dockers, unless I missed it. Knowing that would have greatly sped up the solution as that is a very, very common problem.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!