Initial configuration automation

• Hello dears,

First of all I would like to say a lot of thanks to all people who worked on this awesome product. You are "THE BESTEST!!!"
    I was able to install it on Google cloud VM and now use it as storage for my Kubernetes cluster. OMV works without any problem in very loaded production environment and never caused problems.

So this is so great and excellent solution that I want to automate and provide as out-of-box solution for my company partners. And here comes a trouble:
    - I have no Idea how to backup and later restore my current configuration on other Debian-based machine.
    - the other workaround for me will be to automate storage configuration actions from CLI, but I have no idea where to get used commands log.

Actually all I need is to mount additional disk, create a shared folder with everyone read/write permissions and create a NFS4 share.

Any ideas how can I get it?

• So this is so great and excellent solution that I want to automate and provide as out-of-box solution for my company partners. And here comes a trouble:
    - I have no Idea how to backup and later restore my current configuration on other Debian-based machine.

Sorry, but this is not possible.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

With OMV5 there is a little little little solution for that, but i didn't have tested that till now and i'm sure it needs some help and contributions to get it running.

With the command

Bash
    # omv-salt stage run all

you can rebuild all configuration files and start/stop the services with one command. BUT as said, there might be some problems, e.g. some things are assumed to be done by the backend at runtime, e.g. creating directories and so on. But i think nothing that can not be fixed, but help is needed to do so.

• What you can do is clone the entire system, when configured.

I understand this, but it will be very tricky and timely to copy whole image from one cloud region to another (for example).

With OMV5 there is a little little little solution for that, ...

So will wait for the complete edition. For now will have to find a simpler temporary workaround for kubernetes. Later will come back with newer version for our partners.
    Thank you anyway.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!