Cant access OMV by Webinterface anymore

• Hi guys,

I got a email last week saying my rootfs was 85% used (which made me wonder since before it was at ~30%).
    Now I can't access OMV by webinterface anymore, only SSH access works.
    df shows this:

Hay anybody an idea what happened? Is my system SSD corrupted?

Would appreaciate your help...

• Your rootfs is 100% full and this breaks many things. Search the forum for help on how to fix this.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi gderf,

yeah, thats what the email warned me. Is there any chance to find out what caused this? I want to prevent this from happening again...

Something strange seems to be going on in the /var/log directory.
    The /var/log/syslog.1 and /var/log/daemon.log.1 are both 44GB how could this happen?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suspect that the answer is in the log files. Something stopped working or broke and this was logged. And then it was logged again. And again. And so on. Until the rootfs was full, a couple of days later, and the whole OMV server broke. Possibly permanently, even if you fix the problem that was logged and delete the log files.

A full root filesystem is Bad™.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• I had a look with tails and it seems that the log got filled with a systemd info:
    systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service: Failed with result 'resources'.
    I cleared the 2 files and the system is up and running again (everything seems to work). I will monitor the log directories.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!