Symlink between sharedfolders not working (dependency issue?)

• Hi,
    I have two shared folders, say /main and /secondary, and I would like to symlink folders /secondary/videos and /secondary/programs into /main. I tried to use the symlinks plugin, but it rejects my entries when I do so. If I manually create the symlinks, then when I try to apply any change to sharedfolders, I will get an error message saying /main sharedfolder cannot be unmount. Removing the manually created symlink solve the "cannot unmount" problem, so I'm back to starting point :).

Looking at /etc/systemd/system/sharedfolders-[xxx].mount, I guess there is some kind of conflict (order & depedencies) between sharedfolders.

Should I use as source for the symlinks the "raw" folder under /srv/disk-by-label-XXX/ ? Technically, I think that would work but functionally it breaks the concept of abstraction offered by the sharedfolder layer...

How should I proceed to get what I would like?
    Thank you for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pease read the changelog for the shared folders feature. There you will find the note that the /sharedfolders directory should only be used in cron scripts or when you work on CLI, but nothing else because of the problems you have at the moment. These folders are only shortcuts, no additional abstraction layer.

• To speed up research for those who would be in my case, changelog for v4.0.4-1 says: "All shared folders are mapped to the directory '/sharedfolders/<SFNAME>' for easy access in scripts. Plugin developers should not use them, instead use the origin directory which is located at /srv/<FILESYSDEVNAME>/<SFPATH>."

@votdev: does it mean that plugins like rsnapshot or nginx should point to /srv/xxx/yyy and never to /sharedfolders/yy ? If so, shouldn't the plugins display at least a warning if we do so? (I guess it's less important for backup plugins, since they work for small duration during which mounts are unlikely to change, but for nginx...)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does this also apply to Syncthing? I'm finding that it no longer works with sharedfolders and I have to point it to the srv path instead.

You have answered your own question :) /srv is the absolute path so it makes sense to point to there and not /sharedfolders it's something I have always done.

• You have answered your own question :) /srv is the absolute path so it makes sense to point to there and not /sharedfolders it's something I have always done.

Thanks geaves. I have literally been pulling my hair out with this issue until i read this thread. It was working and now it's not so I'll use the srv path all the time now and save myself future headaches.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!