proxmox/LXC(LXD) and OMV

• Hi,
    Having used proxmox (at work) and OMV (at home) for a while, I would like to add a virtualized Linux box in my OMV NAS. For specific reason, I cannot use Docker. So, initially, I thought to keep OMV as the main OS and to add LXC/LXD into it, so as to add one or two containers (I won't need more). Thus, OMV would be the one responsible for all data backups, including of the containers.

But I also saw that a few (many?) here are using proxmox as raw OS, and OMV as a container in it...

For those who have choosen either way:
    - Are there big advantages or drawback of chosing either way (OMV as a container, or OMV as plain-vanilly OS) ?
    - If you run OMV as a container in LXC/LXD or in proxmox, what is your backup strategy? Is Proxmox in charge of the backups, or OMV, or a mix of both?
    - If you run OMV as a container in LXC/LXD or in proxmox, how do you install it (notably for partitioning) and what is your OMV system disk?

Thanks for your ideas and times!
    Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't run OMV in lxc because it doesn't expose real devices.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!