This thread is very long and while I read some of the beginning and some of the end I still have a simple question:
- I did a backup of my system via GUI and the option dd to my RAID array.
- My system currently is on a usb stick because I had to test if my original system was broken. It was.
- I now want to have that backup on my original system SSD.
- This means I have to wipe my SSD, install OMV from scratch, log into the web gui, install the backup plugin, and then find my files (have to start the array for that) and click restore.
- This will restore all my settings, right?
fsarchiver would be much easier to explain how to do this. I will have to post more later. The plugin sucks for noobs and it makes me want to pull it...