motioneye not working

• Hello all - can anyone help me troubleshoot motioneye on docker please:
    I have installed motioneye as per Technodad's installation. All seems fine but I cannot reach the login screen via port 8765.
    I have installed other docker images in the same environment which all works. So it seems to be a motioneye problem.
    Can anyone help troubleshooting this.
    many thanks !!

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• HI - thanks for your comment. I noticed that the logs show the initiation process still running. Did not realise that Docker is so slow. It took about 4 minutes to launch motioneye.
    NOw the next problem is adding a camera. I have an IP camera but motioneye does not giver me an option to add a wifi camera.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Docker, in general, isn't slow. I run over a dozen containers and have no problems.

I can't help you with motioneye.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi Technodad,
    I now switched to Zoneminder - thank you for the great video instructions.
    I have the Problem that Zoneminder inside Docker takes 2.5 hours (!) to launch but most of the time is spent doing Docker loading I think. Please see my docker log file attached.
    Can you help?
    Many thanks
    Marc

• Sorry, I don't know why it took 2.5 hours, but it looks from log that it started in less than a minute. If you look at the log, there was an update done before that though, which probably took so long. You'll have to ask someone else though.

• Yes - I saw that most of the time was spent updating Docker files. But this update happens every time I start the ZM. Do you now how to prevent the updates from reoccurring?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Hi - I've been following the excellent youtube videos/guides of TDL as well. Trying to install zoneminder on OMV5 but cant see shellinabox (followed an 'older' guide from TDL) so not sure if OMV5 does away with shellinabox.
    Anyway, I improvised by using Putty which seemed to work.

After installing v4l-utils, I enter v4l2-ctl --list-devices but I get an error 'Cannot open device /dev/video0, exiting'. I have an IP camera on my network which works fine with ispy, so it is there. The camera is password protected so is that why or is there another way of getting the information required from the command.

Can anyone kindly help?

• Hi,

I'm having trouble getting MotionEye to show my network (rtsp) cam.
    I'm running MotionEye in Docker on OMV4 and followed the instructions of @TechnoDadLife
    MotionEye is running perfectly but my log shows ffmpeg error. I think that is the problem why my cam doesnt show video.
    The error:
    [1:ml1] [ERR] [ENC] ffmpeg_avcodec_log: method DESCRIBE failed: 401 Unauthorized
    [2:ml2] [ERR] [NET] netcam_rtsp_open_context: unable to open input(rtsp://192.168.xx.xxx:554/): Invalid data found when processing input

VLC shows video using the rtsp adress. My cam only has a username, no password set.
    Simple old mpeg IP cam doesnt show video either so I think it's a codec thing?
    Can anyone help me fix this error?

On the same machine Shinobi works fine. I now think it's MotionEye version thing. Seems like MotionEye (0.44) on my Pi works fine too.

Many thanks
    Dennis

• Hi - I've been following the excellent youtube videos/guides of TDL as well. Trying to install zoneminder on OMV5 but cant see shellinabox (followed an 'older' guide from TDL) so not sure if OMV5 does away with shellinabox.

After installing v4l-utils, I enter v4l2-ctl --list-devices but I get an error 'Cannot open device /dev/video0, exiting'. I have an IP camera on my network which works fine with ispy, so it is there. The camera is password protected so is that why or is there another way of getting the information required from the command.

Can anyone kindly help?

Hey mate,
    using rstp I can get the camera feed into VLC using "rtsp://admin:111111@192.168.0.110:554//h264Preview_01_sub"
    insert your own details for your system - user name:admin pw 111111 then your ip address of the camera then the codec

Can anyone kindly help?

Hey mate,
    using rstp I can get the camera feed into VLC using "rtsp://admin:111111@192.168.0.110:554//h264Preview_01_sub"
    insert your own details for your system - user name:admin pw 111111 then your ip address of the camera then the codec

However I still cannot get motioneye or zoneminder to detect the IP camera...
    TDL video shows how to install a USB camera but not an IP camera and that is where I am stuck, have tried several different extra arguments to have it fetch the video feed but with no luck.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!