Need help adding volumes and getting Plex installed in Portainer

• I am having all kinds of trouble getting OMV configured with Plex and starting to feel like a real dummy. First I tried for several days to get it working with OMV4, but never could get the shared folders to show up in Plex when I went to add a library. I've watched a bunch of videos by TDL and followed all instructions, but couldn't get it working. I saw that OMV5 was "almost" ready to be official so decided to give it a go. Portainer is installed and seems to be working fine, but I can't figure out how to add a volume to access the data on my shared folders.
    The default volume (Portainer_data - local) doesn't give me access to any of my shared data. If I try to create a new volume it just give me an error of invalid option. (See screenshot) The Plex server started in Portainer and I was able to access the website and try to add the media, but the folders for movies, tv, etc don't show up. I tried adding PUID and PGID under ENV options, but not sure if that worked because I didn't see them in image options afterwards.
    Would really appreciate if you guys could help me get this going. I'm sure my wife is getting irritated with all the days I have been working on this with no luck.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The default volume (Portainer_data - local) doesn't give me access to any of my shared data.

That's correct, you either have to type the path in or you use something FileZilla or WinSCP and use it's copy directory path to clipboard then paste it into the host path option.

• Thanks for the reply, but I need a little more specifics if you could. I enabled FTP and installed Filezilla, but when I connect I must be in a directory that has nothing in it. I just see / and no data. When I tried creating the volume I put /sharedfolders/media which is a shared folder on the server and I put media in the name field, but it just says media is invalid option. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I posted screenshots of everything that I thought was pertinent to my server config so you all would know how I have things set up.
    I can use putty to connect and navigate to the media folder. It is on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk01/media and there are movies, music, photos, and tv folders in media.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the reply, but I need a little more specifics if you could.

You don't need to enable FTP, in FileZilla Hostname: sftp://<hostname or ip address> Username: root Password: <your root password> Port: 22 the port should not be necessary.

I just see / and no data.

You double click on that to see the directory structure.

but it just says media is invalid option.

That's correct, as you have sub folders in a root folder, Plex and the container needs to know where and what it is dealing with, so:

host: /sharedfolders/media/movies container: /movies you can also use the absolute path, so:

host: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk01/media/movies container: /movies

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!