Duplicate thread - Gave me an error so I submitted again.Need help adding volumes and getting Plex installed in Portainer

• I am having all kinds of trouble getting OMV configured with Plex and starting to feel like a real dummy. First I tried for several days to get it working with OMV4, but never could get the shared folders to show up in Plex when I went to add a library. I've watched a bunch of videos by TDL and followed all instructions, but couldn't get it working. I saw that OMV5 was "almost" ready to be official so decided to give it a go. Portainer is installed and seems to be working fine, but I can't figure out how to add a volume to access the data on my shared folders.
    The default volume (Portainer_data - local) doesn't give me access to any of my shared data. If I try to create a new volume it just give me an error of invalid option. (See screenshot) The Plex server started in Portainer and I was able to access the website and try to add the media, but the folders for movies, tv, etc don't show up. I tried adding PUID and PGID under ENV options, but not sure if that worked because I didn't see them in image options afterwards.
    Would really appreciate if you guys could help me get this going!

• Did anyone ever reply to this thread around adding Plex via Portainer on OMV5? I am interested in doing this as well, but there seems to be a lot lacking around Portainer documentation for Docker and adding containers...any and all assistance or guidance is appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

there seems to be a lot lacking around Portainer documentation for Docker and adding containers...

Are you only looking on the OMV forum for this documentation? That is the benefit of using portainer - you can look anywhere portainer is documented for help since it doesn't have to be OMV specific.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!