New OMV install without losing current data

• Hi,

I have an OMV 4.1.23 install I've been using for a couple years. It's been great but I'd like to add some Docker functionality. I was experimenting with Docker back when I built the server almost 2 years ago, but because I was struggling with the OMV plugin GUI, I tried some things with SSH and the command line. Unfortunately, something I did has prevented me from installing Docker again on the system as is (Error processing docker-ce and openmediavault-docker-gui). Since I've had some success with Docker on other machines, and since some of the plugins I use will not be ported to OMV 5 because of the use of Docker containers, I'd like to get Docker working on my current server. I'd like to do a fresh install of OMV to allow me to install Docker. I will do a separate backup, but I was hoping someone could tell me if doing a fresh install and the recreating the system described below has to be done with empty drives?

Here's my system
    CPU: Intel i3-6100
    RAM: 16 GB
    OMV 4.1.23 install disk: USB flash drive with flashmemory plugin
    Storage Disks:
    3 x 5 TB and 1 x 6 TB HGST NAS drives - Pooled to a single mount point using the mergerfs union file system plugin
    1 x 5 TB HGST NAS drive - Rsnapshot backup drive for documents and pictures
    1 x 6 TB HGST NAS drive - SnapRAID parity drive

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Tyler

P.S. OMV Docker install errors if interested

Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(31): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!