Best choice to upgrade

• Hi Dyfcom,

for a NAS the 4GB NanoPi M4 is not mandatory. I own myself the 4GB version and even under heavy load the NanoPi is quite bored. I can not exactly tell you how much it is in average but I checked once while saving a huge amount of files and the CPU was around 20%...

The SATA hat in my case is different. Even if there is a heatsink on the controller IC it get´s really hot which propably is influenced by the onboard voltage regulator...
    I didn´t dive deep into this by now. So you need an active cooling or a much bigger heatsink for it.

All in all my nanopi is doing a great job and is really on the lower barrier of consumption. 6.9W constant consumption while the drives are spun down is in my opinion a value which is hard to brake in this category of SBC´s and the connections the NanoPi is providing.

Regarding the SSD EMMC question. I use at my setup only a SD card. Maybe I will upgrade one day to the EMMC but for now it´s doing a great job. If you choosing the SD setup be sure to take a fast one and quality card...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don’t use an EMMC module unless you want to remove the sata hat every time you remove or install it. This will be a huge pain when you go to backup your system. A1 micro SD card works just fine.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!