Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10

• Yep. It works on all systems.

What command did you try first? I assume it isn't the command below?

Definitely a DNS error.

Ok, so I have several questions.

I have reinstalled OMV on the Pi4 several times.

Here is what I have seen.

During the installation OMV on Raspian, when I do omv-confdbadm populate, I get a python error importing ABC from 'collection' is depreciated.
    This doesn't seem to be a problem, but may need to updated in OMV?

If you change the password for the Pi user in Raspian, it doesn't seem to change in OMV. If I change in OMV or Raspian, I can not login using PuTTy. Any ideas? I can login if I create a user in OMV.

Errors with docker-ce. I haven't got it to install correctly.

Docker-ce error in PuTTy

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have reinstalled OMV on the Pi4 several times.

What image are you using?

During the installation OMV on Raspian, when I do omv-confdbadm populate, I get a python error importing ABC from 'collection' is depreciated.
    This doesn't seem to be a problem, but may need to updated in OMV?

This is a warning and caused by salt not OMV. Nothing to worry about but the salt packages will have to fix it.

If you change the password for the Pi user in Raspian, it doesn't seem to change in OMV. If I change in OMV or Raspian, I can not login using PuTTy. Any ideas? I can login if I create a user in OMV.

I wouldn't use the pi user. It is setup in a way that isn't good for OMV (meant to be a desktop environment user). After installing OMV, you should create a new user in the web interface and delete the pi user.

Errors with docker-ce. I haven't got it to install correctly.

Not sure what is causing that and haven't run into it. I will have to test some more. RPis are still managing to be a pain in the ass....

I am working on a script that will install OMV, omv-extras, and the flashmemory plugin on any system. Just needs more testing. Hopefully it will eliminate some of these issues

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not sure what is causing that and haven't run into it. I will have to test some more. RPis are still managing to be a pain in the ass....<br style="background-color: rgb(252, 253, 254);"><br style="background-color: rgb(252, 253, 254);">I am working on a script that will install OMV, omv-extras, and the flashmemory plugin on any system. Just needs more testing. Hopefully it will eliminate some of these issues

Agreed!

Plugin seems like a great idea!

Oh, and I am using the Raspian Desktop without software (latest at the time of install. Yesterday.) 2019-07-10

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plugin seems like a great idea!

Not a plugin. It is a script. Feel free to test it - wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash. Just write the raspbian lite image for RPi and boot. Login and run the script.

Oh, and I am using the Raspian Desktop without software (latest at the time of install. Yesterday.) 2019-07-10

I wouldn't use the desktop image.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Feel free to test it - wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash. Just write the raspbian lite image for RPi and boot. Login and run the script.

The script has some tweaks specifically for SBC, but seems to work on amd64 as well. Correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The script has some tweaks specifically for SBC, but seems to work on amd64 as well. Correct?

Correct. I guess I should've made the ionice arm only but it won't hurt x86 (may even help).

• Apologies - linux newbie here.

Just tried using the script on Debian 10 (Buster) and ran into following errors

.... <blaaaah>

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):

installed openmediavault package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) ...

Processing triggers for rsyslog (8.1901.0-1) ...

invoke-rc.d: could not determine current runlevel

Processing triggers for systemd (241-5) ...

Processing triggers for mime-support (3.62) ...

Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.16-1) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

openmediavault

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

failed to install openmediavault package.

See attachment for full script output.

Any suggestions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any suggestions?

This doesn't look like normal Debian 10. It says you aren't using systemd. Is this Devuan or did you do something weird?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I really wish you would've mentioned you were trying to install on WSL.... That will not work and is not Debian 10 as you mentioned.

• EDIT: I found this auto-install script which solved my problem: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript

my original post

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!