Install OMV5 via command line over Debian 10

• Hello,

I normally install OMV via command line after installation of Debian. I need it because during installation of Debian I can format my big system-drive in several partitions.
    According to this how-to I did it with OMV4

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem
    reboot

But unfortunately I can't find a how-to for OMV5.
    Does anybody know how I install OMV5 via command line?

Only by replacing "arrakis" with "usul" didn't help.
    Maybe someone can help me further

Thanks in advance

Huberer

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

But unfortunately I can't find a how-to for OMV5.
    Does anybody know how I install OMV5 via command line?

It is pinned in the Guide forum - https://forum.openmediavault.o…OMV5-on-Debian-10-Buster/

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, I found in the meantime another post here in the forum. I had problems with the installation of the keyring but could solve it.
    Now installation process of OMV5 is going on :thumbup:

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Yes, thanks @ryecoaaron already posted the link to this guide ;) anyway thank you

• Thanks, I found in the meantime another post here in the forum. I had problems with the installation of the keyring but could solve it.
    Now installation process of OMV5 is going on :thumbup:

How about to post it here?
    I have all the time problems to get that keyringthing running...
    Need OMV5 for RPI4.

Tried to get OMV4 running but some things are deprecated.
    Even webssh was not working and after trie to install that, i got a lot of errors.
    Somehow RPI4 and OMV is not a solid option. Spent so much time to get everthing up and running.
    Dont want to have the habian with OMV4 somehow... I like debian even more.

Maybe, im just too stupid.Just want to geht pihole and OMV running in parallel. Seem i had to inspect technodads -docker -pihole video even more. Sice the recordings, a lot of pihole docker options are changed.

• There is no OMV5 for Raspberry Pi until Debian updates the kernal.

The most common problems with raspberry Pi installs:
    Old, slow or corrupt sd card.
    Under powered power supply.
    These can cause all sorts of strange errors.

Check those first.

Once you know those aren't the problem, post your error messages to the forums. Take screen shots of the whole message. Take screen shots of any configuration files involved. The more information you can post, the faster a solution will be found.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no OMV5 for Raspberry Pi until Debian updates the kernal.

Why is that?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi

Raspberry Pi 4
    Announced in 2019, this system adds a second HDMI port, more memory, true Gigabit Ethernet and USB3. There is no support for it in the Debian kernels yet. We understand this computer no longer boots from the GPU, so it is probable it will no longer require a binary blob to boot.

I was looking at native Debian support for a Debian install.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Announced in 2019, this system adds a second HDMI port, more memory, true Gigabit Ethernet and USB3. There is no support for it in the Debian kernels yet. We understand this computer no longer boots from the GPU, so it is probable it will no longer require a binary blob to boot.

I was looking at native Debian support for a Debian install

Either this is out of date or only applies to Debian. Raspbian is ok (not sure about second hdmi though):

• So you are running Raspian on your pi 4.

I successfully installed OMV 5 over Raspian on a Pi4, but it didn't seem to persist after I rebooted the machine today. Any ideas?

After reinstalling, I got this message and updated everything but this and it seems to be running fine now. I haven't restarted again though.

Build, Learn, Create.

How to Videos for OMV

Post any questions to the forum, so others can benefit from your curiosity. :thumbup:
    No private support.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von TechnoDadLife () aus folgendem Grund: Clarity

• Is OMV extras working for the raspberry pi?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is OMV extras working for the raspberry pi?

Yep. It works on all systems.

Got Extras installed by sudo su.

What command did you try first? I assume it isn't the command below?

From command line as root

wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash

New error trying to install a plugin.

Definitely a DNS error.

• Yep. It works on all systems.

What command did you try first? I assume it isn't the command below?

Definitely a DNS error.

wget -O - omv-extras.org/install | bash

Definitely that is what I used.

I had to use Sudo Su, when I used logged in from Putty.

Are you running OM V5 on your Pi4?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had to use Sudo Su, when I used logged in from Putty.

Which changes you to root and that is mandatory. You could also do: wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | sudo bash

Are you running OM V5 on your Pi4?

Yes, for testing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!