J3455-ITX BIOS SETUP

• Hello All,
    I would like to install OMV on my new NAS using J3455-ITX.
    I need your advice for my first setup. :D
    Do I need to enable/disable specific parameters on BIOS like CSM (Compatibility Support Module) or C0/C1/C6 (power consumption), etc...?
    After that I will install OMV 4.1.22 because I would probably like to test plex on my NAS.
    Thank you very much for your recommandation.
    Best regards,
    Damien

• Um.. but what are you really concerned about?
    Because, you know, CSM is just a part of UEFI to provide legacy BIOS compatibility for legasy OS (wiki)
    And as OMV is not legasy OS, so using this option is not very useful either, is it?

• It seems to be recommended to put the BIOS to Legacy mode for OMV install.
    I have the Legacy USB Support which is enabled on my side.
    I see on some posts that CSM is enabled (by default disabled on my MB). Do I need to enabled it too ?

I will let the intel power consumption parameter to C6 which is the value set by default.

Damien

• Well, actually I've install OMV on the same MB recently. And I can say I didn't change default settings. So if you are worring whether you run into a problems during OMV/Debian installation, you can be pretty sure it won't happen.

I had a problems, but my configuration a bit exotic and moreover I used Debian 10+OMV5, so it was rather because I love challenging projects, not because hardware caused an issues.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!