Cannot login to WebGUI after setting up two systems

• I was setting up two systems, synced time to domain controller, NTP, started setting up active directory/ Rsync… Suddenly, could not log into either system with Admin. I know the password and drives are all less than 2% in use.

Basically, no matter the way I attempt to log into the system, I get no prompt for password, and eventually it times out.

I tried PuTTY, WEBGui, Console, all resulting in no prompt for password.

command line "passrd admin" works, but no way to test results.

OMV-FIRSTAID admin password reset results in errors

-----
    "Updating WebGUI administrator password. Please wait... {"response":null,"error":{"code":7001,"message": "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or direcotry' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc135\nStack trace:\\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('WebGui', 'setPassword', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
    Failed to execute RPC (service=WebGui, method=setPassword)

• I was able to run OMV-Firstaid by entering recovery and using the root password, then typing OMV-firstaid. I am using the console on the system, and catch the blue Grub screen before it starts up the system and I select the recovery selection to get a command prompt.
    I cannot get into any admin account for configuration since this problem occurred.

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-firstaid needs OMV working (engined running). You can't do this from recovery mode.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• So, I am a newbie with this system... Sorry for the confusion. So I don't know what to trouble shoot next. I searched the forum for hours, and cannot seem to find a resolution. I can see the webgui login page, but no way to login. Tried several computers and browsers, but problem seems to be in both systems. But since this showed up in both, I figured it was a configuration issue. I removed the domain controller from the scenario and segregated both systems so I have a switch, two systems and my laptop now...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried PuTTY, WEBGui, Console, all resulting in no prompt for password.

How does it look like, when you use Putty? In Putty you need to login as root, not admin.

Which platform are you on? amd64, RPi, ...?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can see the webgui login page, but no way to login

That means engined is not running and/or the system disk is full. omv-engined -df from the command line will show errors.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!