FTP won't start/buggy start

• Yes very frustrating FTP is one of the things I liked about this system.

Here is a workaround

make a file in /bin named monitor

set permissions

Code
    chmod 755 monitor

run it with cron command monitor proftpd

I did

crontab -e

Code
    * * * * * monitor proftpd >/dev/null 2>&1

There is already a cron running that checks the services already a simple code change would restart any enabled services that are not running. This should be part of the of the package anyways. Maybe someone can contact the developers and suggest this.

Hope this helps

• Thank you dude it worked =)

• The file has to have no ending like "monitor.xxx" just "monitor"?

How do I run it with cron command? :huh: What times do I need to set? I googled that but all the tutorials are different.

Is there any way to stop the script after like 10 retrys to start the server? I don't want my FTP stuck in an endless bootloop when I screw up the configuration again. :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

The file has to have no ending like "monitor.xxx" just "monitor"?

Yes, file extensions are a windows thing.

How do I run it with cron command? What times do I need to set? I googled that but all the tutorials are different.

That is explicitly shown in the crontab -e command. Just execute it and put exactly what is in the source code box under it.

Is there any way to stop the script after like 10 retrys to start the server?

Not without making the script smarter.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello.

using monit work well !
    create in /etc/monit/conf.d
    thanks

Code: openmediavault-proftpd.conf
    # FTP
    check process proftpd with pidfile /var/run/proftpd.pid
        start program = "/etc/init.d/proftpd restart" 
        stop program  = "/etc/init.d/proftpd stop"
        if failed port 21 protocol ftp then restart
        if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone else realize that proftpd is not stopped when using systemctl stop proftpd. IMO the systemd integration is very bad. Hopefully the Debian package maintainers will fix that soonish.

I think upstream they want the service to start via socket activation, the same approach can be used at the moment with ssh. Maybe you should adopt the package distribution via omv repos

• The encryption used by sftp requires a lot of CPU power to maintain speed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi at all!

I have a similar issue

Code
    Errore #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; ftpwho -v 2>&1' with exit code '1': /run/proftpd.scoreboard: No such file or directory
    (Perhaps you need to specify the ScoreboardFile with -f, or change
     the compile-time default directory?) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/ftp.inc(354): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Ftp->getStats(NULL, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStats', NULL, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FTP', 'getStats', NULL, Array, 1)

what can I do?

Thanks!

• Hi at all!

I have a similar issue

Code
    Errore #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; ftpwho -v 2>&1' with exit code '1': /run/proftpd.scoreboard: No such file or directory
    (Perhaps you need to specify the ScoreboardFile with -f, or change
     the compile-time default directory?) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/ftp.inc(354): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Ftp->getStats(NULL, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStats', NULL, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FTP', 'getStats', NULL, Array, 1)

what can I do?

Thanks!

Same problem...Solution? Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what you are all doing, but i can not reproduce this on a normal Debian 10 installation.

Code
    root@omv5box:/home/vagrant# ls -alh /run | grep proftp
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root     root       60 Apr 20 15:35 proftpd
    -rw-rw-rw-  1 root     root        6 Apr 20 15:35 proftpd.pid
    -rw-r--r--  1 root     root      656 Apr 20 15:35 proftpd.scoreboard
    -rw-r--r--  1 root     root        0 Apr 20 15:35 proftpd.scoreboard.lck

I assume you're all using customized Debian ARM based images, right?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!