How to remove HD from RAID5 for check sectors

• What you need to be able to do is an fsck periodically on the Raid itself as it was that that failed as per your image in post 15, hence that's why the system went into emergency mode.
    What you could try is set up a scheduled job weekly after hours and enter the command fsck /dev/md0 (if your raid is set as md0) save it, select it, then click run, this will at least confirm that it will work, then send the output to email.

Mmm...the procedure is not simple for me, and I want to avoid errors...

First of all I have to unmount /dev/md0, and I cannot do it by GUI ( grey button ) neither by shell...Also, if I want to add the command by GUI, I think I have to add a line ( ; separated) like this:

umount /dev/md0; fsck /dev/md0; mount /dev/md0

Is It possible that I cannot umount because I have the SMB share active?

• Offizieller Beitrag

and I want to avoid errors...

I deleted my previous post because I don't think this is a good option!!

On one of your previous posts you said you backed up your data, if you have, one of the simplest things to do is to start again. I still can't understand why using a systemrescuecd fsck failed to run, but re reading your post 17 you said you were not able to recover data, that wasn't the purpose of using it.

• I deleted my previous post because I don't think this is a good option!!
    On one of your previous posts you said you backed up your data, if you have, one of the simplest things to do is to start again. I still can't understand why using a systemrescuecd fsck failed to run, but re reading your post 17 you said you were not able to recover data, that wasn't the purpose of using it.

Yes yes don't worry my data's are ok, I already started again from scratch so what I need is only periodics fsck as you said...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!