shared folders empty after reboot

• Hello,

have an OMV 4.1.24-1 running since about half a year. OMV is accessed for users via smb/cifs and sftp(omv-extras installed). Since the server is in a non-safe environment (access by other people I know, but I do not trust completely) I also use the luksencryption plug-in (omv-extras). Users home folders are enabled.

Installed the following updates yesterday:

After reboot the startup was delayed by the following service:

Code
    A start job is running for dev-disk-by/x2dlabel-Data.device (xx / 1min 30s)

However, it finally started. Than I received the following notifications:

Than, I decrypted the luks encrypted storage but observed that all shared under /sharedfolders/<share> are empty. This can be solved by adding another "test" share. After a reboot all folder for shares unter /sharedfolders are empty again. Data unter /srv/dev[...]/ remains untouched.

However, the SFTP plug-in showed some strange behaviour. The access list contained the folder homes several times. Moreover, user told me that they can't access their home folders. So I deleted all entries for homes and re-added them (not all users are in the list of sftp users). This actually deleted all home folders, which was an unexpected behaviour to me. Fortunately, all home folders are backuped daily.

I uninstalled the sftp plugin. Now the /sftp/<user>/<share> are empty but still exist. There are also still entries for sftp in fstab.

Is there a solution to the "empty /sharedfolders/<share>" problem after reboot? How may I get sftp running again?

cheers
    Thermo

PS: sorry for double post. received error with id 4851be6be597751aab5f544072bcfa0fa838810d an tried again.

• No further updates currently available, but I will wait for an update.

Reinstalled SFTP, now all entries from the old sftp installation are still present in fstab. Is ist a good idea to remove them manually?

Edit: Did this fix manually. However, I do not use ZFS. Storage is ext4.
    Edit2: Persistent trouble.
    Edit3: Reinstallation of SFTP also cleaned up fstab.

• Hello everyone, despite this being an older thread, I would like to post my question/scenario on OMV 4.1.36-1 that's been happening for a few months, perhaps it is similar and you can offer your insight (except proposing to update to OMV5, I know I know :D :D)

I decided some time ago to try allowing a friend accessing the NAS via sftp and installed the sftp-plugin via OMV-Extras. User account was there, and under his account in Access List tab/page, I added a couple of folders available already in SMB and shared, but that reside on another HDD than the system. With access set and working /sftp/jorge/ folder, including permissions to block going up the tree etc. it seemed to work.

But with almost each OMV4 reboot, I see that the services related to the mounts of those folders, fail almost each time when checked via

systemctl list-units -all --state=failed command.

Namely, a couple of sftp-jorge-SharedStuff.mount errors (the actual folders) were shown in red, and I was forced to restart these sftp services by hand. After that, systemctl list-units -all --state=failed showed no errors.

Obviously, when I cannot check for failed services (when working remotely) these SFTP folders appear without content, as they are not "mounted".

How can I delay these "services" to start, but only after all drives are mounted etc. or some check is done for the file-system or path? I suspect the sftp-plugin, based on ssh if I am not mistaken, initialises too early.

in /etc/fstab one can find the expected shared folders as defined in OMV's UI (last two entries):

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    [...] SOME PHYSICAL DISK ENTRIES [...]

/srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WDS400T2B0A-part1/Stuff /sftp/Jorge/Stuff none bind,ro,nofail 0 0
    /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WDS400T2B0A-part1/MyStuff /sftp/Jorge/MyStuff none bind,ro,nofail 0 0
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Therefore, is this behaviour expected or can be remedied?

Thank you in advance ; apologies if this question is not totally related.

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!