Error applying configuration

• Hi
    Just did a fresh install of OMV on an Intel NUC. I used the 5.0.5 ISO (verified checksum).
    After first attempt to change configuration I get this error:

Code
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run avahi 2>&1' with exit code '1': Traceback (most recent call last): File "/sbin/omv-salt", line 136, in <module> sys.exit(main()) File "/sbin/omv-salt", line 132, in main cli() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__ return self.main(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main rv = self.invoke(ctx) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke return callback(*args, **kwargs) File "/sbin/omv-salt", line 120, in deploy_run caller = salt.client.Caller(mopts=mopts) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/client/__init__.py", line 2117, in __init__ self.sminion = salt.minion.SMinion(self.opts) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/minion.py", line 805, in __init__ opts['grains'] = salt.loader.grains(opts) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/loader.py", line 757, in grains ret = funcs[key]() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/grains/core.py", line 1971, in os_data grains.update(_hw_data(grains)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/grains/core.py", line 2357, in _hw_data grains[key] = salt.utils.stringutils.to_unicode(ifile.read().strip(), errors='replace') File "/usr/lib/python3.7/codecs.py", line 322, in decode (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final) UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xff in position 0: invalid start byte in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(60): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMV\Engine\Module\ServiceAbstract->deploy() #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusqO...', '/tmp/bgoutputzC...') #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(186): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #8 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Config->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #12 {main}

I tried to reinstall just in case, but I get the same error over and over again. Am I doing something wrong? Any hint?

Thanks!

• I have the same Problem on a
    Intel NUC DN2820FYK

I installed Debian 10 with netinst nd only SSH and Standard System Tools
    Than I used this Guide but with usul of course.
    Here I got the error
    apt-get install openmediavault

I tried also the omv5.iso but there I can install omv run the web gui but cant save changes i made. Also the update after the installation failed with an error(no log here)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Different ways to install OMV:

• ISO

Also the update after the installation failed with an error(no log here)

Did the network connection still work? You might have to reconfigure the network interface using OMV-firstaid from CLI

• Offizieller Beitrag

Than I used this Guide but with usul of course.

But the install for OMV5 is different to that of the OMV4 guide and the problem is in line 78 of your output.

Did the network connection still work? You might have to reconfigure the network interface using OMV-firstaid from CLI

The firmware fails probably due to the issue at line 78 as the firmware fails after that, if the OP follows either of the two links for OMV5 it should work as the firmware is part of Buster but I don't think it's part of Stretch.

• So I reinstalled Debian 10 with GUI . Checkmarked SSH and Systemtools
    Partition:
    /etc
    /home
    /var
    /tmp

Than via Windows CMD and SSH I Copy&Paste the first Codeblock from your OMV 5 Guide directky to CMD.
    Than I created a file and c&p the second block in it and than I run it ./omv.sh

• Output:
    @nas:~# file /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/populate.d/20hostname.sh
    /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/populate.d/20hostname.sh: POSIX shell script, ASCII text executable

• @nas:~# file -i /srv/pillar/omv/default.sls
    /srv/pillar/omv/default.sls: cannot open `/srv/pillar/omv/default.sls' (No such file or directory)

Perhaps I will test all this with an Ubuntu perhaps this is working. Next I would try to install OMV4 on the NUC I believe the problem is the NUC

• I am having the same problem with applying config changes with OMV5 on a raspberry 3. Applying the changes takes about 60 seconds before getting the lengthy message below. Afterwards OMV is still saying that configuration changes need to be applied.

I am also not seeing SMB/CIFS running under services (red indicator under running status column)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!